[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

Hi

I’ve got two different kinds of echo devices:

Echo 4. Gen
Echo show 10

And a few issues:

1. I can’t get Homey to start music or speach on Echo 4. But the echo can see and control all lights connected to the Homey. Seems like there is not a two way communication for all functions in the alexa app.
    Anyone with same problem? Anyone knows a fix?

2. Echo show 10 is missing support. Is it scheduled supported on the alexa app soon?

Thanks

Hi @Krisch2 , I’ve the same problem with my echo dot clock gen 4.
Alexa → Homey ok
Homey → Alexa nok
@Jamie any idee ?

Thanks

I have the same, while I’m successfully connected and authenticated. Just no command from Homey to Alexa works anymore. The other way works.

Normally a reconnect solved this issue

Hi,
I am also interested in the Echo Show 10 support, so any kind of schedule or plan would be super nice.
Thanks

So sad that this app has been abandoned, it used to be so great but now it crashes at least 2 times a day and its completely useless, I’ve giving up on using it entirely. I really wish that someone with the heart, desire and knowledge would make a new Alexa app from scratch and this time not abandon it, I’ll be happy to donate if someone does. Unfortunately I don’t have the skills to do it myself, otherwise I would do it in a heartbeat.

The developper sayed he had not abandonned this app but it’s not a priority for him(he have a life also😉).And in my opinion he have not the solution for fix the app disconnection/crash.

As a co developer, it is important to understand that you make these apps for your own use cases, then you add those cool thongs the api allows you too and you want the please the community.
Then mainyaining the app, add device after device becomes a tiresome process.
So if the app still does your use cases and it works for you, there is more to life than upkeep of the apps.

So i just wish he would share the repo with some other devs, it would get new love from someone with new usecases or device needs. They might have the same troubles as we do and find a solution. Its so much easier to debug an issue you are suffering from.
:unamused:

The project was open source for 18 months, and several people helped to add translations but there was no one who was interested or able to help backwards engineer amazon alexa connections.

The main issue is ‘faking’ the connection IDs to amazon, then retaining them and refreshing them in a way which appears transparent to the end user as well as amazon.

Much like my Arlo App, it becomes a question of ‘is it worth it’ or - at what point is it better to delete the app and use it only for my personal use.

For me it comes down to a simple question - based on the forums/reviews do more people enjoy the app then complain about it.

I enjoy your app, works in my environment (server in Europe) nearly 95% reliable with a flow which disable/enable the app every 30 min. This is a little bit dirty, but it works for me. I appreciate your effort! THX a lot!

I enjoy too now :slight_smile:
After many deconnect/connect, reboot homey my echo dot clock gen 4 speaks wow !! :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot.

May be i try solution by @Joka if app doesn’t works correctly

Sorry Jamie, didn’t mean any disrespect for your hard work, just venting my frustration the other day, I depend a lot on these apps/help in my daily life because of my injury in the brain, I constantly forget everything I need to do throughout the day, so if the Alexa app for example stops working or Google, I am suddenly completely helpless, this is not your fault by any means, I’m not blaming you, like i said its just frustration and me venting, its not easy being dependent on things like these apps and screens, I used to be much stronger, working as law enforcement and now I’m constantly forgetful, and staying at home all day. But please do as you wish, what you feel is right for you, I know this isn’t a paid job.

I enjoy it a lot! and so do many others probably, the fact that people report issues is because they like it and want to use it more or want to inform you about issues so they can be resolved, making t an even better application.

Maybe it would be good to ask people to help you on specific parts, is there a list somewhere of things you need some help with? Not everyone is a coder, but there are probably other things you can use some extra help with as well.

1 Like

Hello Jamie,

Thanks for your hard work.
Is it possible to upgrate the app in order to integrate new product like Echo Show 5 (2 gen 2021)

best regards

Can you share what you do exactly with the enable/disable flow(s), so I can test if it works on other servers as well? Are you still using [APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa - #1225 by Joka this flow, cause that still gives me disconnects on EU and US servers

yes, I use the same flow but with a 30 min execution interval now, because of the disconnection problem you described. Maybe you have to play with the time interval a little bit. And it works fine for me but from time to time I have to reconnect via the app button. Approximately every two weeks.

@Jamie hi, with the latest homey update 8.00 your app doesn’t connect to the server anymore. Thanks in advance when you will manage to solve it.

@Andrea_Marchisi A version 8.01 was released yesterday. Perhaps this will solve the problem?

Thanks. For the info. Let’s try.

Unfortunately nothing has changed.

@Andrea_Marchisi, I don’t thinks it’s the Homey update…my Homey Pro is up to date but I can get (and keep) the Alexa App connected, apart from the known periodic disconnection problems due to Amazon servers (see into this topic).