[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

Hello Jamie,after installing the last update the echo show connected for 3 days but today the same problem as before:the device is still connected in homey but i it doesn’t respond when i click for an action(volume,news report,ect…)
But i just restart the app and the device was responding as it should!Before i restarted the app and my connection was lost(red explanation on device icon) so i have to re-write my credentials for reconnect but this time only the restart worked🤗
Keep you informed when the next time my device doesn’t respond if just a restart of the app do the job😉

@Jamie @Ewen_Le_guennec, I have to report the exact situation that ewen said. After four days without any problems, app stopped to work. So I restarted the app and it restarted to work!. So the connection was still alive.

1 Like

How do you tell what server, I have tried all 3 and after I log in it spends forever telling me it’s asking Alexa for my devices and nothing happens

@Jamie_Higgs, I noticed that it connects easily to Alexa servers when I use the same device that is the one Amazon recognises as principals (my cellphone). If I try to do it on homey app on my ipad it doesn’t work and it happens the same you describe.

Hello,

I am a new Homey Pro user and I am trying to connect to my Echo Show 8 (Gen2).

I installed the app, logged into my account but when I try to add a new device I get the message “No new devices found.”

Any idea what the problem is and how to find a solution? Am I missing something?

Thanks

Hi, please note that the Alexa app on homey allows homey to controll Alexa. When you want to control homey devices from Alexa, it’s enough to install homey skill on Alexa app. Said this, try to connect again Alexa app (on homey) to the server and try again.

Yep I’m trying to make Homey control Alexa to try text2speach for example.

I tried uninstalling the app, connecting from EU or US, connection works in both case. But when I try to add a device, nothing is found :frowning:

So when you go to the Homey app, click add device, then click the Alexa app it doesn’t find any devices?
Maybe the device you’re trying to add isn’t implemented yet? Have a look at the supported devices list here , if not supported yet, you can ask @Jamie if he can add it.

I’ve got multiple connected at the moment, also just removed my test device and re-added it again to see if something might be broken with add on the last version, but seemed to work perfectly.

@Iguane, hi. Please note that once you will manage to add your Alexa, app will work perfectly. Unfortunately it happens to several users, me included, that every certain number of hours (24 48), it loses the server connection and you need to ricconnect it manually. Sometimes it’s enough to restart the app, this can be done automatically via a flow. The app is beautiful and allows you to interact a lot with your home. I use it, and for example, to make Alexa tell me the temperature I have in a specific room or other condition of other sensor. Unfortunately is not very stable. When you don’t need to make Alexa read variables from an homey devices, I use Alexa routines to actovate virtual devices in homey that activate flows. For example when I say “Alexa, room air” she answers “ok I’ll tell you when you can close your windows” and she decides it based on a flow in which homey evaluate the CO2 concentration in the room. When the flow defines that CO2 is under control I receive a notification and Alexa (when the app works) tells me that I can close the windows. I have 7 Alexa, one in each room.

Same problem here, App doesn’t find my new Show 8 2nd Gen. All others work fine, Alexa work fine.
General problem finding NEW devices?

Indeed, the Echo Show 8 (Gen2) is not supported. I thought that “Echo Show Gen(2)” meant that all 2nd generation devices were generically supported, but apparently this is not the case and new generations are not supported. I’ve just sent a message to @Jamie offering to help test the addition of this new device.

Thought that might have been the problem, had something similar in the past with a new device, Jamie added that one and after that everything worked fine.

Hi lguane,

thanks for your help. Yes, it would be great if Jamie could add this Echo show model.

Hi Jamie

Could you add this device please, i will do my best to include an SVG image soon:

Echo Show 10 (3rd generation)
Power usage is 6.7W
Where do i find the unique identifier?
I’m more than happy to test and report back

Thanks in advance

Hi Iguane,
any news from Jamie concerning the Echo Show 8 (Gen2) yet?

I had a device “other” from Alexa Homey that no longer works. Deleted the device and trying to get Alexa Homey to find the device, it times out. The device is located in Amazon Alexa and can be controlled from there. Anyone have any idea what’s going on?

Hi, until yesterday I used via HOMEY, devices connected to Alexa (Sonoff device). At any moment they were no longer available. So I uninstalled the Alexa App on Homey and tried to re-install the devices, but now they are no longer seen. I tried several times, but nothing happens … What should I do ???

Hello @Jamie , do you have any plans to support Echo Show 5 (gen 2) and Echo Show 8 (gen 2)? If you need assistance I will be happy to support.

2 Likes

I’d still love this device to be added also

3 Likes

I would also be interested for this to be supported for Show 8 gen2

3 Likes