[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

Okidoki m8! Happy Easter!

Thanks for the quick response. I will keep checking…

Hi Jamie,
You are probably right about the US server (vs. EU) although I have no idea how I can check or modify that. Otherwise, it works great unitl now !

I was able to get loan dot 3rd gen to test. It sees the alexa device but not the other devices. I have right now ring doorbell and honeywell thermostat on Alexa. Tried all permutations but no luck!

This app manages your Echo devices with Alexa. NOT devices in your Alexa network

Right. I got this completely wrong :blush: I thought the app would broadcast all devices connected to Alexa to Homey. In this case I can report that echo show 5 appears in the device list. Will now think how I can make use of the app. Thanks.

This morning no sound via Alexa. After restarting the app, Alexa was talking again.
BTW, i restart homey Every night.

Not sure what happend here :face_with_monocle:

Same for me.

@The_Be did you ever have this problem with 1.7 (or any earlier versions) and do you also restart Homey every night?

No problem with other versions.

Yes, restarting every night.

I wonder if it has to do with restarting Homey … Is anyone able to test if a soft restart of homey causes the TTS (text to speech) to stop working?

I can confirm. After restart of Homey TTS doesn’t work anymore. After restart the Alexa App it works again.

Edit: After PTP TTS works.
There must be a different between soft reboot and PTP.

1 Like

I tested explicitly after installing and a restart and it kept working fine. Already working without a restart for 2 days now (I used to restart 1.7 every three hours to keep it stable but never found what caused it)… stable here so far. On US server.

I do notice something different. I just restarted my router so Homey lost network connection for a while and when it reconnected I got the “Alexa disconnected” trigger and TTS not working anymore…
Restarting the app didn’t fixed it… the devices got back up (no red triangle anymore), but tts not working. I created a report 638920bd-e0b2-411c-91c8-eff750326457
App still thinks it is connected to Alexa.
Restarted Homey to see if that fixes it and yes that did the trick.
So for now the “Alexa disconnect” trigger connected to Homey reboot. Let me know if you want me to retest or try something different.

I am indeed using 2fa with my amazon account.

@Jamie: I can create Orbi Voice assets if thats helpfull (and required for support). You need a device svg, enything else?

Just the svg, and an image at least 1000x1000 pixels in the exact same aesthetic as the other “device images” I use for the echo devices on the App Store. Also some testing - thirdparty devices can differ quiet extensively from the amazon ones in what they support. (Ecobee doesn’t support Spotify for example).

Did a soft reboot. TTS ist working after the reboot.

Installing now! Thanks!
Once you have the time, I can test the app for an echo flex :slight_smile: @Jamie

i can comfirm that issue too - after i restarted the app, it worked again

→ eu server
→ homey pro