[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

Hi, i installed 2.4 for the first time.
After selecting EU servers i did not hear anything from Alexa.
After switching to US Alexa talks just fine. (Tried to switch back again , but gives same result).

Thanks for your work, happy i can finally use it.:blush:

I have the same experience as Ron. Works with US servers, not EU.

For me it worked right away in EU Servers. I don’t have 2FA activated.

Work for me with EU Server. Good Night report get a wrong answer

@Ron_van_Muilekom and @Zoezoe and are you sure that your alexa devices are setup on the EU server? Generally speaking Alexa will only talk when you communicate the the server that the device is set on, so if you were on the EU server … the US server wouldn’t work. Unless there is some other cause? I would be interested in finding out whats going on.

@The_Be
I’ve set this flow up and Alexa seems to be saying goodnight types of things to me when it runs? Can you share your flow and what it is actually saying?

Alexa is saying:
“Das weiß ich leider nicht” (i don’t know that)
“Da bin ich mir leider nicht sicher” (I’m not sure about that)
“Darauf habe ich leider keine Antwort” (unfortunately I have no answer to that)

@Jamie first of all THANK YOU for this great app :slight_smile: so I do not need an mqtt workaround anymore :slight_smile:

for me the EU servers worked fine after disabling pi.hole (maybe interesting for other people)

:heart_eyes: now it works like a charm :heart_eyes:

will there be a file upload function come in future releases to have more files available at “play a sound”?

Thanks - No, its not possible to allow files to be uploaded and played, these sounds are fron the amazon server, however I have added some more in the next version.

2 Likes

After authentication, no devices are found :frowning:
Tried the US and EU server, always get that token is valid and i can close the browser window.
After first login the app seems like searching for round about 10 sec.

Any idea?

Send through a diagnostic and ill have a look, which type of device are you attempting add?

Sure, no problem.
I tried all :smiley:

Here everything works fine (EU-Server, Echo Dot 2)
All action work without any issues or delay. :+1::grinning:

Hi. I have UK echo show 5 model. Do I understand right that it is not supported?

Hi Jamie.
It could very well be that there is a problem on my side.
I have different Amazon accounts, the first one was a US account. Not Easy to switch due to various reasons.

Thanks,
Love your app, keep up the great work :+1:

Support for the Show 5 and Show 8 only requires the assets, a new icon and image. I’m not much of an artist.

Sorry for being dumb. Does that mean they are supported? It adds my echo but dont see the devices i have on echo. Thanks.

They are not currently supported, perhaps in the future.

And do I miss the Sonos One in ur changelogs?

Hey Roco - Happy Easter!

Sonos One / Beam / Ecobee I have all the assets for and will be re-added soon :soon:.

1 Like