[App][Obsolete]Sofar / Solarman

I’m afraid I can’t be much help, sorry.

Earlier I managed to configure Sofar with my inverter, but then something went south and now I get this error. Is there anything I can do? I do not understand what webserver it is trying to access and why it is not working.

This is why I have pulled the app, as Solarman have undocumented limits that cause this error.
If you’re inverter is supported, you can try a local connection. I would suggest using the new Sofar app as I have added another inverter to that.

Thx,

Hmmm think I know what’s going on here. I see the inverter is an INVT iMars BG8KTR-US but Solarman is the app they have provided me with. No wonder why I get confused. The panels and unit was put into service in January this year so maybe that’s why your app worked for some time. I think it’s because it connected to Solarman Cloud. Think I saw you pulled the app it February. No wonder why I cannot connect anymore. Am I understanding this correctly now?

Seems I might be out of luck. Have not found any support for my Inverter.

That sounds correct.
Solarman is used by many solar manufacturers.

:frowning:

Thanks anyways. To bad they could not give you the much needed support for maintaining cloud access.

Have you found an replacement app or way to connect to your INVT inverter now that Sofar do not support cloud api anymore?

No, unfortunately not… This was the only one that worked

1 Like

@Adrian_Rockall I think I read somewhere that we could continue use the old Solarman app if we add our personal credentials to access Solarman Cloud API. I work as a software developer so it should not be all thumbs…hopefully that is. I am thinking about giving it a shot but I would be thankful if you could point me in the right direction regarding what I have to do. I recon some configuration at least and some way to deploy the app. If I am able to make it work and there is some additional changes needed for your old code to work I will create a pull request so others can enjoy your app once again if they are interested.

Hi Adrian,

I began using the Solarman API about a month ago, and it initially worked flawlessly. However, I encountered an issue today: I received an error stating “appId insufficient allowance.” I had set the requests to be real-time, every 1000 ms, unaware that this frequency would cause me to hit the API’s usage limit.

Additionally, I’ve been trying to activate the remote control functionality without success. Despite reaching out to Solarman, they directed me to contact Deye for permission. Deye informed me that they have already granted all necessary permissions for remotely controlling the inverters. Unfortunately, my follow-up communications with Solarman have not been responded to, making the situation quite challenging.

Given these complications, I am concerned about my current API usage and the potential inability to monitor and control the inverters effectively. Could you please provide some advice or maybe suggest an alternative method for monitoring and remotely controlling the inverters?

Thank you for your help.

As you can see from the topic title, the app is now obsolete. Basically, I couldn’t get any support from Solarman about the rate limits.
The app never had any ability to set the inverter parameters, so even if you have the permissions, it won’t help.