[App][Obsolete]Sofar / Solarman

I’m not sure, but mine is still enabled and doesn’t seem to cause any problems.

How did it go this morning when the inserter came back on?
Did the app reconnect OK?

Hi Adrian

Thank you for your interest. Yesterday we assigned a static IP to the logger and everything was OK this morning.

Kontakt Adrian Rockall via Homey Community Forum (<notifications@athom.discoursemail.com>) kirjutas kuupäeval K, 6. märts 2024 kell 14:31:

Great, that makes me even more certain that I need to add a feature to rediscover the inverter after a 404 error.

But now I discovered that the logger is connected again. I am sending the log files.

Kontakt Adrian Rockall via Homey Community Forum (<notifications@athom.discoursemail.com>) kirjutas kuupäeval K, 6. märts 2024 kell 17:02:

Hi, I am not sure If this is still relevant, as this app seems to be obsolete?

It has been working well for me for a long time with my Solarman inverter, but now the inverter constantly goes unavailable. If I restart the app, it comes back for a little while (I can see all the data), but then fails again. If I try to repair, I either get to a page where I can input the username and password, only to be told that there have been too many attempts and I must wait two hours, or the repair just stops.

That’s why I made the app obsolete, as Solarman keep blocking my developer account.

@bjornand I understand it is a lot of reading, but it has been asked many times before.

The short answer is yes, the old app is obsolete due to Solarman not providing service to Adrian.

The answer is also No, because Adrian made a new app, very similar to the old.

Adrian explained it all here and launched a new app Sofar v1.1.13 that does not use the API to the Solarman cloud, but connects directly and locally through TCP (ethernet/Wifi) to your inverter on a local IP address in your network. So you can get your data fast and not rate limited.

Adrian explained also the downside of being forced to forget about the cloud API.

Kudo’s to Adrian who is going to great pains to explain all this every time. I hope this summary will avoid having you to go so far back to catch up on reading. (@Adrian_Rockall Maybe a reference in the first post and change the title to [App][Replacement]Sofar :wink:)

Go get the “new” app and let us know how you are doing. If successful or not, please also report which inverter you have and how you connect.

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying, then I hope I can this to work.

My inverter is a Solarman one, but I am not sure how to see the model, I only the serial number in the app.

In any case, when trying to add an inverter, I get the error message that no devices were found…

BR,
Bjorn

did you download the app that i provided in the link

1 Like

Hello

For background information, today is the second morning that Homey and the logger-inverter were CONTACTED. If I should discover any possible problem, I will definitely let you know and count on YOUR help. Once again - thanks to you.

rrrr - thank you too for participating.

@Adrian_Rockall

To calculate energy production over the last hour / period, one could use a PBTH device that will summarise Total energy (kWh). Another option is to look at power (W) but that is less precise.

Problem is that Total energy in the Sofar panels is rounded so the average production over the last hour is very unprecise.

Is there a way you can show 2 decimals on Total energy?

Sorry, I seemed to have missed this one.
Do you mean Total energy in the Solar panel device?
Or would that be Today in the Solar panel device?

Depending on the inverter model, the total generation is reported to either 1 decimal place or 0 decimal places. The capability is a standard ‘meter_power’ which is set to 2 decimals.

So, as far as I can see, there is no rounding that I have any control over.

I mean the field Total in the inverter panel (not the logger).

It thought would be possible, as the fields Solar Today (inverter) and Today (logger) have two decimals (I am not in favor of using these fields because they are 0 when no sun, see graphs: it’s unclear to me how and when it becomes zero after a day of sun).

Update: I did some more tests and actually applying the app for trend calculation on power (W) is not significantly different than looking at kWh positions.

I see what you mean, meter_power is a whole number :sleepy::

Hi Adrian, I installed your app a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it for my SofarSolar HYD20KTL. However, I recently had some Wi-Fi issues and had to replace my Wi-Fi stick with a LAN stick. Unfortunately, after the switch, data stopped coming through to Homey. I’ve tried transferring the IP address from the Wi-Fi stick to the LAN stick, but that hasn’t resolved the problem.
Is there anything I can do to start receiving inverter data again?
Greetings Daniel

• 2024-04-18T19:31:54.160Z
    ************** App has initialised. ***************

• 2024-04-18T19:31:54.529Z
    Get Data

• 2024-04-18T19:31:59.235Z
    Found Inverter: : 192.168.178.103, 210817…

• 2024-04-18T19:31:59.239Z
    Checking register 14 for grid frequency:

• 2024-04-18T19:32:00.361Z
    Returned null.

Checking register 1156 for grid frequency:

• 2024-04-18T19:32:01.484Z
    Returned null.

Checking register 524 for grid frequency:

• 2024-04-18T19:32:02.607Z
    Returned null.

No suitable inverters found

• 2024-04-18T19:32:04.532Z
    Get Data

I’m not sure. It’s obviously finding the inverter, so something is working, but it’s not detected the frequency from any of the known registers. Is it possible that MODBUS needs to be enabled on the LAN module?

There isn´t so much to change in the logger. I restartet and resetet the logger as well, but no change for homey. If I look into the logger, there are no numbers which could be from my inverter? Is there a special MODBUS register in the logger?

I can’t see anything on that page. Is there anything in the Advanced page?

… here is of every register a screenshot. Even with the Wi-Fi stick,
it was not necessary to change something, or it was, but i haven´t and it worked.
The SolarMan App works normal even with the LanStick.

okay + 4 hours > I took off the LAN stick and put back the WiFi Stick, and I don´t know why but it comes with the Inverter serial number, which is missing if I use the LAN Stick. That makes no sence to me…?
And the Homey get the data´s again! :thinking: