[APP] Husqvarna Automower Connect

The lack of GPS info through the API is making me choose another manufacturer :thinking:

If you disable polling, does that affect the ability to send commands to both? I have not tested with more than one automower and have a hard time doing so… But i will have a look to see if i can find anything obvious that could cause this not to work.

Agree that it would be nice if they provided it. I guess this has nothing to do with technology as this is available somewhere in an API, just not the ‘public’ version.

Have you looked around if there is any 3rd party GPS solution that you could mount inside of the Automower to accomplish what you need?

Nope, it does only send commands to the last polled/connected mower.

I have seen the boards available from Robonect, a German company for a variety of smart mowers and will have a read though their forum. They do support GPS both for Husqvarna and Ambrogio which is my other possibility.

1 Like

Ok, i will do my best to see if i can identify the problem. Otherwise i might need your help as i have only one Automower connected to my account. Have you tried the API manually to see if that works as expected with two Automowers?

Super, will of course help if i can. No I am not a expert user of API, so cant accses ut directly.

I also notice that the apps send sends the command to the last polled mower regardles of which mower i wish to send the command to in a flow.

A workaround is to add polling as a action card in flow, so that i can poll before a command.

Hi Magnus - thanks for a great app!
I would love to use this app to control my Automower 430X and I have been testing it for a couple of weeks. This is what I have problems with:

• I have set up a flow that sends me a push message when the errorcode changes, but I never receive a message. I can see Errorcode changing in the devices info-page, so the app is keeping control there is an error. I also get the errors in the Automower Connect-app.

• I have set up a flow that sends me a push message, showing the content in the activity label, when the activity changes. When I get this message it always shows the activity it was changed from – not the new activity. When I then look at the devices info-page, the activity label is showing correct.

• I have set up a flow that sends me a push message, showing the content in the state label, when the state changes. When I get this message it always shows the state it was changed from – not the new state. When I then look at the devices info-page, the state label is showing correct.

If you want me to test something, I will do my best. Thnx!

1 Like

This is exactly my issue. LOVE that the app exists but I would also like to get push notifications telling me my automower’s new state. I would use it to get a notification telling me that the automower is now parked, for instance. I would like to do this without getting notifications every time during the day that activity or state changes.
I haven’t found a good way to notify myself when the automower leaves the charging station for the first time that day, and when it is parked at the end of the day.
What I don’t want is to know every little thing like when it returns to charge multiple times during the day, which can be done with notification on activity change.

And, as Krisstenswe said, it’s the new state that’s interesting to me as well.

1 Like

Yes, i have found a bug related to this. I am testing out a fix.

Agree, it is the new state that is interesting. I will investigate.

1 Like

My Automower 315X seems to park rather than pause when Homey sends the command “park”. Anyone else experiencing this?

For example I want the robot to pause out on the grass when there is risk of thunder.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this. I looked into it and its a bug in the Pause action where it instead send ‘Park until further notice’. Will be fixed in a new version soon!

1 Like

Cheers! Thanks for looking into it. Another, (probably stupid) question is regarding the limitation of 10.000 calls per month. I’m no tech guy and know nothing about APIs and stuff. But if this is set to every 10 minutes, that means it’s using one of those calls every 10 minutes around the clock? And this is a passive process that is un-imfluenced by my actions? I.e. manually making the automower do something via the app or whatever, does that also use up a “call”?

If completely passive and unchanging, the intervall could safely be set to 5 minutes and still land under 10000 per month? Or am I just being daft here?

There is no 100% description on Husqvarnas page on this. It is for me not 100% clear if the calls to the authentication API included in the 10,000 or not etc. My 10 minutes is just a recommendation with a hopefully large margin. I would assume, but can not guarantee it, that 5 minutes is absolutely ok.

One feature idea i have thought about for a future version is to have a more dynamic interval. Maybe i could do 30 minutes 22-08 and then every 2-3 minutes daytime or something like that.

2 Likes

Hi,
how did you manage to connect to HOMEY, or have you upgraded the 310 with the GPS card?

Yes, I got the Connect Kit installed. See Husqvarna Automower® Connect Kit | Husqvarna US

I have made a flow with a door and window sensor. If the sensor is Open for More Than Two minutes automower parks. And when it closes it resumes

Hi,

When it’s time to select my automower device I have this message :
Cannot read property ‘data’ of undefined

What is the problem ? What can I do ?

Thanks

Hi Magnus!
Season cutting grass is rapidly coming - Any new version in the pipe to solve the problems with not sending errocode and showing the new state and activity?
Thnx!

Hi, dos this app work for Gardena sileno also? Did everything but he did not find a mower.

Ore can I do somthing wrong?

Thx!