[App] Hikvision

Heus Guys,

Anyone on firmware 4.30 of hikvision NVR? After the firmware update I keep getting ‘invalid image buffer’. I’ve tried everything but can’t get it to work anymore.
It used to work on the previous firmware.

Thanks in advance

You need to set up virtual host in nvr settings. It will give you direct access to the individual cams.
It will put nvr-ip:65001 and so on to the ip of the nvr

1 Like

Thanks you very much, now i have the cameras in the app.
Only thing is to get a live image because now it is a still video because the time is not moving.

You can only get snapshots (pictures) homey does not support livestreams/movies…

ahh oke so it is a waste of time etc etc because you can do nothing with it.
Also i want a tablet on the wall with a dashboard but when you cant see the cameras i have nothing on the dashboard.

Even when this stay like this maybe i choose an other smart system in the future like domiticz. I thought a homey was a complete product so you don’t need the difficult domoticz.

is it possible to add the video doorbel Hikvision DS-HD1 to this app aswell?

Hi… Sorry if this has been asked before… Does this app register “human only” detected motion events… In other words i just want my Homey to notify me if a human is detected in my yard and that’s it. I don’t want it triggering when my dog walks past. Ive noticed the Dahua app and also the Onvif app seem to mostly work fine registering basic motion detection events but they have real problems registering Human Detected events… If this app can register Human events i’ll go out and buy some HikVision camera’s … cheers Russ

That’s up to your camera system not Homey.
Your camera system might or or might not be able to do this.

Obviously the question relates to HikVision cameras that have Human Detection…

I might not of been clear in my last post… If a Hikvision camera has human detection can this App register a Human detected motion event from the camera , or does it just register basic motion events . ? Thx

I don’t think it has the specific trigger.
What possibly is a workaround:
Activate local camera alarm trigger when a human is detected (configure this in the camera) The activation of local camera alarm is a trigger in homey.
Possible triggers (in Dutch)

Thanks… I finally bought one of the latest 4Mp ColorVu Acusense 2nd Generation Turret style camera’s. From what I can tell it looks like the human detection feature can be individually attached to any of the smart events. In other words all I have to do is get Homey to monitor any smart motion event such as “Intrusions” etc etc and Homey can then just monitor any of those. Ive paired the app to the camera. That seems to be working ok… I’ve then tried to create a flow to trigger when ever an intrusion on the camera occurs but this doesn’t seem to work . Is there an official guide on how to do set up flows to monitor intrusion events ? Thanks Russ

Hi Russel,

Yes, you need the acusense series from hikvision. You configure this on the cam and nvr. When in the hikvision app u get a notification you can also get it in homey.
I have than a flow in homey that when motion is detected on cam x, it says that there is someone at the gate.
Works pretty nice.

I use ’ intrusion detection start’ in homey to start the flow. If the flow is not started you should check if it was started in hik connect to.

Thanks. In the flow do I also need to enter the camera ID or tag in the “AND” field. ?

Depends on what you want to accomplish.

I have 4 cam’s. If I’m home and the front cam has intrusion homey says there is a visitor, so I add a specific cam.

If I’m not home I turn on lights Indoor and outdoor, I don’t add a specific cam here, etc…

Ok, so I don’t have to enter anything in the “AND” field ?.

Just

“If” (Intrusion Detection Start)

“Then” (Turn All Light On)

Hi,

I can’t get the app set up correctly, what is the solution for the image buffer problem? :slight_smile:

If you use an nvr check:

I got 3 DS-2CD2112-I camera’s, 2 all with the same configuration also same firmware, only name and IP adresses are different, 2 of the i can include in the app without any issues’s. the 3th i can include but Invalid_image_buffer appairs when i switch to the camera screen.
Any ideas where to look or how to fix?

The app developer isn’t answering their emails. Incase anyone is having reliability issues getting Homey to recognise smart motion events i have discovered this works a lot better

“If” … (Intrusion Detection Stop)

I’ve found using (Intrusion Detection Start) only works at random and is very unreliable. Using “stop” seems to work every time…

Russ