[App] Eurotronic Technology App (Stable: v3.0.1)

Which other you would prefer?

I have no issues with the spirits at all. I have them for 3 years now, working fine, communiation via the app/homey works fine as well. I use one zwave repeater to make sure all spirits can access Homey, also on the second floor.

With almost 1000 app users, I think so yes.
There has been a pretty big bad batch of thermostats which was a hardware issue (going over target temperature), but that has been fixed by Eurotronic, and they offer replacements to whoever has the issue.

Unfortunately, I’ve only had bad experiences.
With the Spirits it depends explicitly on the hardware revisions. As far as I know, there are 4 different revisions to the spirit. Gen 1. The most reliable generation.
Gen 2. completely inoperable. Were exchanged by Eurotronic free of charge. Exactly very flawed. Uncontrolled heating. Gen 3. thermostat hangs up.
Latest generation still a lot of problems.
Most of the problems arise with FLIRS. That makes them quick to react, but very prone to failure. It depends on how often and with which devices they are repeated. You can be lucky or you can be very unlucky. The same bugs are reported in the forums of the competition.
In any case, I would wait until apps support the Zigbee thermostats before buying.

I’ve learned that at least for some devices there is already the possibility to change the status part of the icon and even influence how it can be used in flows (at least for the plug example). The mode would be a really nice addition. Looking forward to it!

Thermostats are one of those devices that can’t be changed though, that will always be the target temperature.
Even if you could change it, it will only be number or alarm capabilities.
Strings or enum capabilities are not a part of that (thermostat modes are a “enum” capability).

A device’s status indicator —which shows a device’s information at a glance— can now also be chosen.

Additionally, a numeric measurement (e.g. temperature, power usage etc.) can be chosen, as well as a beautiful battery indicator.

Device’s status indicator = a alarm like a contact alarm

I am using v3.0.1 with spirit thermostat.
Since thermostat doesn’t work well in “comfort” mode I set it to manual mode and made a homey script to calculate and set the manual value based on target-, room- and outside-temperature.
I want to trigger a flow when this manual value is changed, but that trigger card doesn’t seem to work. Maybe you can look into this?

Thank you for reporting this, is this with a Homey Pro (sphere) or Homey Bridge?
Then I can see if I can reproduce the same issue.

This is with homey pro.
This simple flow, as example, never gives a timeline notification.

Hello, from 3.0.1 version I have a issue with spirit thermostat.
I have a flow which sets mode to Off when I open window in the room.

it worked well but from 3.0.1 thermostat stays at comfortable mode and temperature is set to 8°C.

It causes me issues, because when the window is closed back again - I set thermostat back to comfortable and thermostat stays at 8°C and is not set back to previous temperature.

another observation - when I manually set thermostat to off (via app), it says off.
But if I manually set it back to comfortable - it sets target temperature to 8 and stays closed.

This is only a visual change that was done on request of Athom (the target temperature being well, the actual targeted temperature), the target temperature should also go back to the “comfort” target temperature when you switch the mode back to comfort, as it is still in memory of the app.

Or does it actually change the temperature on the valve too in your case?

Yes, it actually change target temperature on valve

As you are the first one to notice in a week, and I don’t have this issue with both of mine, it is kinda hard to find this one.
I need more information to see if I can replicate.

• When does it change to 8 degrees on the valve, when you switch to off?
  • or when you switch back to comfort mode? (I don’t send the target temperature at all to the device during this, so could be a flow you have causing this)
  • Or do you not (just) change the mode to comfort, but set a target temperature and also put the mode to comfort in 1 flow? (It will now set the mode to comfort automatically when changing the target temperature, as that is the only behaviour that is possible with this, it isn’t possible to change just the target temperature, but leave the mode “off” or “economic” anymore)
  • Does it instantly change to 8 degrees, or only after a second or 2?

when I use flow (screenshot above) to set thermostat to “off”, then on the valve I can see:
“Off” and then it changes to “8.0”.

when I change manually in the app to “off” it shows “off” on the valve, but when I change it back in app to “comfortable” it changes to “8.0” on valve.

Please check your flows, as the app does not send the target temperature when you change (only) the mode, neither from flow or from the GUI itself, either the “comfort” target temperature is still on the lowest possible (8) value, and you didn’t change it to a higher temperature yet, or a flow is messing it up.
It only changes the target temperature capability visually (Without sending anything to the valve).

there are only two flows using this device - one is setting mode to off when window opens and second sets it to comfortable when window closes. No other flows uses this device.

I have disabled both of them, then manually switched to off then back to comfortable → “8.0” on valve.

In previous version of app everything worked OK. This behavior is related only to version 3.0.1.
Unfortunately it’s happening to all spirit valves in my home (~6 heads).

And that is with changing the target temperature (Atleast once) to a different value?
Or are you now just changing the mode, and hoping that the comfort temperature, that is now on 8 degrees in the valve itself, and thus not being on your old value.
Might be that your app didn’t properly set the internal memory’s temperature on boot/update of the app.

Hello,
I have found the issue - not in the app. I have all data published via MQTT hub and display them via node red dashboard. Node red received a message that target temperature is 8 and updated dashboard to 8. When I switched valve back to comfortable, NR sent that 8 value back to homey which caused the issue.

I apologize I took your time and I really thank you that you helped me.

Hello, I bought Air Quality Sensor and temperature is two degrees higher. Is there any possibility of repair/calibration or should I return the sensor to the dealer? Thank you