[APP] ELKO Smart - Smart, right?

Had to go into the ceiling.

Moved pucks, dimmers, free locate, ikea, hue, LG tvs. All good.

1 Like

Hi,
Is anyone else using ELKO smart pucks with their homey bridge?
In the past we’ve used the ELKO hub, but ELKO doesn’t seem to allow both a connection to its own system and also homey bridge. Therefore we ended up only using a connection to homey now.
However the range of the dimming is not the same as it is when using the ELKO system. 1% light in homey bridge is more similar to 15% when using the ELKO system. And we would like to be able to dim the light to less brightness.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Also if anyone has a good fix for how to use the ELKO light switch when using homey I would much appreciate some input . Its functionality is very limited compared to when using the ELKO hub.

I have the same experience. The lights cannot be dimmed all the way down to 1%. I have tried to set the limits as low as possible without them turning off completely. Changing the mode from automatic to Rl-led doesn’t help either, as the unit stop Working randomly. You have to remove the fuse and the power to reset them. Factory reset does not help. We have generally had a lot of trouble with the electric switch regarding noise and dimming. I know Elko is Working on this, and if elko hub works fine to get dimmers lower down, homey must try to send the same instructions over the zigbee channel.

Yes with the elko hub all lights can dim down to zero light. (I have also tried changing from automatic without success.) Also experienced some issues with lights being constantly off and having to take the fuse in order to get the light back on. These kind of issues I have never experienced when using the exact same pucks and lights with the Elko Gateway. So its not the product itself.

I have been in contact with the product manager at Elko about this not that long ago. The information he gave was that they are using an external company to develop the homey app, and that as a part of the service we should be able to contact the app developer directly. However i have tried, and I havent received any response.

I am unable to connect the Elko Smart 4-button switch to my Homey Pro. Homey tells me to hit the #1 button tree times for inclusion. Nothing happens. No light, no action in Homey. Should I instead do something with the A button perhaps?

Read a lot of contradicting comments about this dimmer , Elko smartdim vri multiwire rs hvit.
I have 4 of it in my home and wondering if anyone could confirm if itsworking ok, all lights off on, dim on of via automation or through the app, with the latest homey pro.
I’ve gotten a good offer on a used homey pro.