[APP][Pro and Cloud] Daikin ONECTA

Hi Eric, Great work but the Apollon77’s daikin-controller-cloud library uses a MTM proxy to get the API keys from the ONECTA app, If Daikin change this keys Appollo’s solution will not work anymore and you need to get the new keys, this is not what a normal user want, its a bit technical.

My App is already complete and fully supported and official with own API keys.(by NDA)

1 Like

I am a little confused now. I allready found a Daikin app in the store from an other developer. What is the difference with the one you are developing?
In two weeks they will install my Daikin Perfera (FTXM-R). Which app do I need then?

All Daikin models from 2021 and newer (also the Daikin Perfera) only talks to the cloud and Daikin Residential Controller app(or ONECTA).
The current app from developer @Homey_Lampje uses a local connected API and will not work with e.g. Prefera model (i myself has also 2 prefera models at home)

Hoping to launch my app soon, Daikin is almost ready with some legal stuff…

Thanks for the reply. So I have to wait for your app, any thoughts how long this will take?

I hope next upcoming weeks.
Last week i saw some progress in ny mail between athom and daikin. Lets hope that daikin legal will accept the terms ASAP.

3 Likes

I really do hope this gets somewhere. But in the meantime there’s a Home Assistant integration which already does the trick (yes, with the cloud API of Daikin).

Can’t help but feel Daikin is shooting themselves in the foot with the unending delays.

This multi-billion multinational is indeed probably heading straight for bankrupcy by ignoring this incrowd.

Unnecessary sarcasm aside, you’ll notice my post mentioned the availability of a plugin which somehow manages not to need the “official” API. From that, one could derive that the shooting in the foot pertains not to bankruptcy (seriously…?) but to them not getting control over usage of their API by having waited too long to provide an official means to do so.

Hello, maybe someone already ask before but do you think it is possible to have Daikin energy information render into homey energy. other Daikin app cannot do that and it’s a shame.

I have been thinking about the energy in homey
The way how Athom has integrate the energy consumption vs the way daikin has done this are very different methiods and i don;t think its possible to combine that.

Sorry for the delay(s) , also i don’t understand why this taking so long!
But maybe in the meantime you guys can help me out?

To make the app for homey as friendly as its can get and because homey doesn;t support dynamic capabilities options i would like to know wich type of indoor(AC) unit you have and which functonalities this unit supports. the functonalities you can see this in the ONECTA app from daikin.

As example (what i have in my home and did the development on)
Model : Perfera wall unit (FTXM)
functonalities (from the ONECTA app) :slight_smile:

• General On / off
  • Powerful mode (on /off)
  • Economo mode (on /off)
  • Streamer mode (on /off)
  • operation mode : auto, cooling, heating, dry, fan_only
  • Temperature setting for mode : auto, heating, cooling
  • Fan speed : auto, indoorunit quit, manual (1-5)
  • Horizontal : Off, Turn
  • Vertical : Off , Turn , comfort airflow.
  • Indoor temperature
  • outdoor temperature

There are many other like Humidty sensor, Vertical swing Windnice, Vertical floor heating, etc.

Would be great if you can send me a PM with above information for other units like Emura, Stylish etc. The need to be supported by the ONECTA app!!
The PM can be in dutch.

WIth this information a can make a driver with correct capabilities for each model.
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I really like the initiative for developing a new app for Daikin and big thanks for the effort and time.
I will send you some info on my Daikin as soon as my trust level go from 0 to 1 :laughing: just created my account even though I owned my homey for at least 3 year now :shushing_face:

Thank you all for the input

The following models i have received sofar :

• Perfera FTXM (wallunit)
  • Perfera FVXM (floorunit)
    YES , there is a diffetence between the wall and floor unit
  • Stylish FTXA
  • Emura FTXJ
  • Origo II XRH FVXM (floor)
  • Skyair (FDXM )

If there any (old) units not yet in the list please let me know.
Thanks

I’m not 100% sure which model I have. But this is what the ONECTA app says:
BRP069C4x

Hmm nope thats the wifi module.
I have this model perfera R32 FTXM35R

I have FTXM35R2V1B (with RXM35R5V1B), so I guess that’s already covered.

Hi Mickel,
Also many thanks for all the effort to create the new HOMEY ONECTA app. Will be off remendous help to tune the use of the aircons.

You seem to have covered all the types (and ONECTA functionalities) we have in house. Just for help here our list:
FTXM (Perfera)
FTXM20R5V1B
FTXM25R2V1B

• No other functionalities than the ones you’ve mentioned supported via ONECTA. Feature ‘outside unit queit/geluidsarm) is not supported via app (only manually). Did you mention ‘streamer’ ? This is supported. Cannot find ‘humidity’ as function in ONECTA app. Does not seem supported on these types.
    FTXA (Stylish)
    FTXA35A2V1BW
  • Sorry, no info on ONECTA functionalities because still using ‘controler’ app (did not upgrade firmware and still useable with HOMEY DAIKIN controller app). No support om ‘geluidsarm Buitenunit’ or ‘humidity’ found.
    Kind regards,
    Eric

Continuing the discussion from [APP][DEVELOPMENT] : Daikin Residential Controller / ONECTA:

We have a FDXM35F3V1B9 unit.
I hope the will be covered in the new app also.
It current works well in the ONECTA app

@Jeffrey_Brinks Please report your functionalities as ask in [APP][DEVELOPMENT] : Daikin Residential Controller / ONECTA - #55 by Mickel_Luiten

FDXM is the skyair model

With the correct functionality list i can add this model as seperate driver with correct functionalities

1 Like

@Mickel_Luiten
Here de functionality list

Unit : On/ off
Mode : auto - cool - heat - dry - fan
Fan speed: 1-2-3

This are the functionality in the ONCETA app