[APP][Cloud & Pro] SwitchBot (Release 1.1.51, Test 1.1.56)

so that is the reason because pairing does not work?

Yes, at some point, during one of the sensor firmware updates, they changed the BLE data format, so the device was not recognised.
I have published a new test version that should find it now. You might also need to ensure your Homey is on the latest the latest firmware (rc.122) as there have been many BLE fixes.

HP23 is on rc122

switchbot test app installed (1.1.33)

I press the button of the sensor long - no device found

(sensor is 50 cm away from the hp23)

Is the sensor connected to the SwitchBot phone app?
No need to press any buttons on the sensor to pair it with Homey, just make sure it has been setup in the SwitchBot phone app first.

Ui sorry I did not know that

I will install the switchbot iOS app

Edit:
Yes now the device was successfully found and added :slight_smile:

Thx you very much @Adrian_Rockall

Do you have a donate button?

1 Like

As I am an official developer (so I can publish Homey cloud apps), the donate button doesn’t show up in the store.
I develop the apps for fun so I don’t expect a donation, but I have a PayPal account ‘adyrock’ if you want to donate.

1 Like

I try to donate all developers whose apps I am using

edit:
donated :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you, that is very kind of you and it’s much appreciated.

1 Like

Guys,
is a big differences between SB Hub Mini and SB Hub 2? Is it really worth to pay more for temp, humidity sensors and Matter?

I still work with the ancient Hub Pro. It looks like a cloud and flashes nicely.
Because of the display and the switches, I’m definitely not buying a new one.
It could be interesting if Matter actually works, I might buy it.

So far I haven’t had any luck with the Mater feature. Homey doesn’t currently support hubs but hopefully that will be added later.
I have tried to add the Switchbot hub 2 to SmartThings and Google but it gets part way through and then failed on both. So, I would say Matter is currently not a reason to buy one.
If the situation changes I will add an update on here.

So if I will buy either SB Hub mini or SB Hub 2, it is not possible to use it with your app and Homey? I would like to learn it IR command to my kitchen hood :slight_smile:

Both will work with my app as they use the cloud interface.

Great. What do You mean by “Homey doesn’t currently support hubs(…)”? You mean - matter hubs or what?

Yes, Homey Matter doesn’t yet support Matter hubs.

What I have done with hub 2 matter is that I connectes it to the Apple TV along with six blind tilts. That was done with pure interest to see if it works. Sometimes I control my devices from iPhone or from iPad.

@Adrian_Rockall

I flashed an esp32 and put in the near of my switchbot temp sensor.

How can I add this sensor now to the homey? Do I have to add this “hub” first in the switchbot app? I do not found information at your link

You need to add the BLE device. The ESP32 broadcasts it’s presence on the network which Homey picks up and registers. Then any BLE devices that are reported by the ESP32 take priority over Homey’s BLE and Homey will send / receive commands to/from the ESP32.
So it is basically transparent to the user once it is configured on the network.

Do I have to delete it first when I already added the device via BLE before (when it was in the near of the hp23)? Do I have to add it the device in the iOS switchbot app again via BLE or in the homey only?

sorry for my stupid questions but I am total lost :slight_smile:

No stupid question detected, please try again :grin:

No need to add the device again. If the ESP32 finds the device it will take priority over Homey’s BLE. Each device is recognised by a UUID stored in the device.
If you look in the App Settings - Log tab and set the Diagnostics Log to Basic Information, you should see the message that a pushed from the ESP32 when the temperature changes.