[APP][Cloud & Pro] Somfy Tahoma & Connexoon (v4.0.37, test v4.0.75)

I can’t say for sure, but it is possible, and won’t hurt to try it.

At first, many thanks for making this great app! Since 2 days we have an Somfy IO sun screen and it is working great with this app!

Just 2 questions;

1. Whatever I do/try, the Homey app is not able to find my Tahoma box locally. It is asking me for enabling the developer mode (is enabled) and then it should be found with mDNS (Asus router, don’t know that I have to change to get it working. But all my 79 devices are forking great (including AirPrint). Maybe that there is an option to just enter a IP address of the Tahoma box in Homey?
  2. Just curious, is it possible to show the current ‘height’ of the screen on the device status itself?

Error:

Current device icon:
IMG_2218

Maybe a status indicator? (UP/Down/Half or %?):
IMG_2219

Many thanks again for the great app!

What Homey are you using?
Could you send me the device log from the Configure App screen so I can see what capabilities your screen supports?

Of course and thank you for your time and help!

Edit: It is a Homey 2023 with 8GB Ram.

Log: 5e2a6f9d-48df-40ee-8d61-db117005714c

OK, at the movement HP23 is nor working. The latest build 10.0.0-rc.110 has improved things so it cam now get the mDNS information, but there is still an issue with resolving local URL’s so it can’t talk to Homey.

Unfortunately, the Homey Diagnostic logs doesn’t show the required information. Could you open the app setting page (Configure button), select the Device Log tab, click on the Get Log button and then the Send Log button once the list has filled up.

1 Like

Thanks for your time and help again! Just send you the device log from within the app :+1:

Ah, I think I have just realised what you are asking for. So, you want to see the position on the tile?
It doesn’t appear that Homey supports that as it’s not possible to select that for the status indicator. I am surprised as it is standard capability. I will ask the question to Athom to see what they say.

1 Like

Thanks for your time and yes, that is what I would like to see! I’ve implemented it now in a second virtual device. On that virtual device I have the ‘status’ inverted (Thanks @Arie_J_Godschalk for your app and help!) (so 1 is down, 0 is up) and it is shown as % (instead of fraction). This was making it more clear on the virtual device. Would be great if an indicator, text (up, down, %) is possible to be shown on the device icon!

I have submitted a request to Athom so maybe sometime in the future :wink:

1 Like

Hopefully someone can help me with the issue I am having while adding somfy tahoma to an homey bridge.

I followed the homey bridge setup procedure and added the somfy tahoma app and used the login details to proceed. After this step I seem to be stuck with an error message (to many login attempts, blocked 15 minutes).

Tried severall ways to install tahoma:
-Somfy tahoma is in development mode
-Password and user details are correct
-Restarted local network
-Deleted and installed the somfy app
-Tried the test version without any luck
-used both the Android and the webbased version
-Reinstalled the homey bridge

Ps. Posted a simular question in the dutch version

It seems there is an issue with logging in from Homey cloud at the moment. All I can suggest is try again in 24 hours.

1 Like

I believe Somfy have blocked the IP address of one of the Homey servers due to too many bad login attempts from it.
This sometimes happens when the Somfy severs go out of sync and the only way to clear it is to stop trying to log in for up to 24 hours so the block is removed. The app does automatically stop trying to log in when it receives the error message.

Homey Pro generally recovers in about 15 minutes as there is only one user per IP address, so Homey backs off to give the block time to be removed, which is about 10 minutes. But, Homey cloud hosts many users per server and the outgoing IP is the same for all of them. Each time the app tries to log in, it fails due to the block and the block time is reset back to 10 minutes. So, when the app is running on Homey cloud, the back off time extends to 12 hours in the hope that all the users will eventually stop trying to leap-frog each other to log in to give it time to clear the block.

Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do about the issue as it is Somfy that imposes the block for security reasons as it is trying to prevent brute force attacks.

1 Like

Thanks for explaining the RC.

Does this occure often?

This is the second time in about a year or so. The first time it went on for a long time because I didn’t have the long back off. Once I worked out what was going on and added that, it repaired after a few days. The problem is the app now has nearly 3000 cloud users that have no way of syncing with each other to all back off together. If the app has a valid token then it will continue to work as it is only authentication that has a problem, but the tokens last for 48 hours. Therefore, more and more users pile into the jam and extend the lock out.

Hi @Adrian_Rockall , I’m trying to add shutters (rolluik) to the app be it can’t find them. It does work from the Somfy app. I already installed the test version, without results. I just sent you a log but don’t know where to find it’s ID… Hope you can help!

Use the “Velux roller shutter(io)” / “Velux rolluik (io)” device.

Great, thanks!!

The integration with tahoma was the feature I was counting on as it would integrate all stuff into one.

Is there a way to highlight this issue towards somfy?

Ps. Still get an error during setup proces

Unfortunately, there is no way to know what IP address is blocked as Homey runs on AWS so it could be from a large range.
I’m going to look at the app tonight to see if I can enforce the lockout on all installations that have an error for longer. Also I need to enforce the lockout over restarts of the app.

Hi Adrian, I have tried to add the app to my new homey pro , after adding app and trying to add devices ( somfy blinds RTS ) it asks me to login to somfy with my username and password it appears that there is different somfy site for Australian and it won’t let me login is there a work around for this .

"devices": {
    "cloud": {},
    "local": {
      "ip": null
    }
  }
}
  {
    "time": "2023-06-08T20:43:39.896Z",
    "elapsed": 178.229,
    "source": "logDevices",
    "data": "Fetching devices"