[APP][Cloud & Pro] Somfy Tahoma & Connexoon (v4.0.37, test v4.0.75)

Excellent !
Working :slightly_smiling_face:
Thanks a lot

1 Like

Hi.
Not directly homey related, but I just got my Tahoma Switch, and have added my outdoor screens. I have two of them. Only difference between them is size. My problem is that they are added as two different product types in my Somfy account.
One seems to be correctly added as an outdoor screen, but the other one seems to be added as an awning. See screenshot:

I can get them both into Homey, but Homey also treats them like two different products, so they do have slightly different options when it comes to flow creation, so itā€™s a bit annoying when they are actually the same product.

Iā€™m new to the Somfy world. Does anyone have experience with this?

Somfy make various motors and controllers that blind manufacturers incorporate into their products. The blind manufacturers will choose motors based on their specification such as power and size, not on the controller interface. So, although a motor was initially designed by Somfy for one job, the blind manufacturers will use it for another.
The Homey app will use the interface parameter called controllableName to identify the motors and their capabilities. The interface should be very similar between devices provided the motors support the features.

1 Like

Ah, I see. So they have probably chosen a more powerful engine for my larger screen.
Guess I have to live with it then. Luckily more of an annoyance then anything else. At least now I know the reason for it and that will give me some peace of mind.
Thank you for your quick response.

1 Like

Hello,
I downloaded this application to run my gates from Somfy. Do I need tahoma och connexoon box or can i run directly from Homey? When i try to configure this app I cant loginā€¦ I created a Somfyaccount, but i only get error messages.
Error 410 or,
Far too many login attempts, blocked for 15 minutes- even if i only try once.
Hope someone can help me out hereā€¦

Yes, this app needs one of the Somfy hubs, either Tahoma, Connexoon or the Connectivity kit.

If you search Google for the error code it shows:

The HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) 410 Gone client error response code indicates that access to the target resource is no longer available at the origin server and that this condition is likely to be permanent.

So I guess that means the account doesnā€™t support the requests to connect to the hub.

Thank you for information!

@Adrian_Rockall hey, Iā€™ve been using the app without problems in combination with the new Tahoma Switch, unfortunately until last Tuesday? Now I canā€™t connect to my devices anymore, because the login portal gives me a 401 error. Iā€™ve tried waiting for a day or more, but I still got the error. Iā€™m using Homey bridge.

Another user has reported the same problem via GitHub, but he has Connexoon. He says he canā€™t log into the Somfy web app either, so Iā€™m wondering if Somfy have an issue.
Could you try the Somfy web app and if you have the same problem, contact Somfy support?

I have had intermittent issues with the Somfy web app, but my Homey connection his been OK so far.

2 Likes

Thanks. The Somfy web app is giving me the same error yes. I did suspect it to be a problem at Somfy/Tahoma, so they are investigating it at the moment. In the meantime I thought to check here as well. The support at Somfy isnā€™t great, I think itā€™s because of different systems per region, I hope the question will reach someone with privileges in multiple regions.

2 Likes

Wonder if anyone can help
I accidently hit the sign out button in the app configuration page (where I was grabbing my password) and now I donā€™t seem to be able to sign in again
I know my login details are correct as I was copying the password that was stored when I accidentally hit the button!
I got a 401 the first time, then a too many attempts
Waited until the too many attempts timer ran down and then tried again and got another 401

In the logs I also see a 400ā€¦

I presume this would typically be caused by an incorrect password but I know itā€™s right as I only just copied it!!

Any ideas what might cause this?

Which version of the app are you using?
Could you try using the repair option on one of the devices to see if that works.

V3.0.35

Didnā€™t know the repair but was there, but just tried it, and same 401 error

Could you try with the test version of the app (Somfy TaHoma & Connexoon | Homey). That has a big rewrite of the login code, which I hope is more reliable.
If that still has an issue, then go to Homey Developer Tools, select the Somfy Tahoma app, click on the Information tab and then the Send Log button.

Just given it a go and same issue. I sent log from the app page, but Iā€™m actually wondering if this is a Somfy issue.
Iā€™m signed into their app as well, but if I try on the website the credentials donā€™t work eitherā€¦ Wondering if they have a login issue?

(Edit, I massively appreciate this is starting to sound like Iā€™ve just forgotten my password, but given I copied it out of the app and it matches what I have stored in lastpass Iā€™m 99% certain the password is correct!!)

If itā€™s failing on their website then I would expect they are having an issue.
You could try disabling the app for about 30 minutes and then try again just in case the account has a temporary locked. Repeat attempts just extend the lockout period.

Will do
Iā€™ve also emailed Somfy to establish if something going on on their side
My last resort is a password reset but if theyā€™re having issues I donā€™t want to end up without access to any way of controlling my blinds/ windows!

The blinds are working again with the Homey app and website. I uninstalled the app and then reinstalled and connected. The Somfy website interface still throws an error. (But has never worked for me anyway)

1 Like

So, I believe there is definitely something odd going on with Somfy

I heard back from their support asking me to reset my password (as expected)
But before I did I decided to try and log in again to their website - lo and behold it workedā€¦ so now I know that i am not mad and my stored credentials ARE still correct

However, I cannot log in with the homey app still :frowning:

Strange, as the app uses the same login as the website. Have you tried the test version, as that also uses the official login method for local access.
Do you have a Tahoma box?