[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Good idea. I have some other strange issues, that will maybe be fixed by the same ‘fix’. Will try that. Thanks!

I also have one aqara temp sensor (the round one) and that is also losing connection all the time. No matter if it’s next to the homey or far away. All my switches and movement sensors are working just fine. Some directly connected other thru a Ikea smart plug.

So maybe some of those sensors are just buggy

Have you replaced the battery already?

Jep :slight_smile:

No problem with these round temp-sensor’s, I use a few off them here.

Could you please assist me in what i’m seeing here?
i have marked items in red that are not responding.

I suppose i NEED to reset them in order to get them reconnected right?
restarting homey does not reconnect them as far i ive tried.

Please wait a few minutes and see what is routed and what not. You’ll see more coloured squares/numbers right to the last column if you wait a bit.
Pls post a screenshot of what you see there…

You should see this if you wait a few minutes (to give you an idea). Please check if the Current Command below this table says generateMap. If it doesn’t, refresh the page.

@Henk_Renting, @Neuron44

please see below.

I see for example the not functioning Hue Dimmer routed through a GU10 ceiling spot.
but still, the unit is not working. Same applies for Xiaomi light sensor and kitchen temperature (aqara as well).

can i somehow rebuild the zigbee network without needing to re-add everthing?
i mean when you add something you should be close to homey, right?
homey is downstairs so that wouldnt make sence. Restarting homey didnt resolve it. they dont just reconnect.

I can see that numbers 5 and 6 are disconnected. Those are routers. I would suggest reconnecting them first. I can see the are smart plugs, are they unplugged / lost power?
When they are simply turned off, they should still act as a router.

After you readded the smart plugs, you can add the dimmer individually (by deleting the device and adding it again). Possibly the smart plugs that are disconnected are the problem. However, it’s also possible there is a problem with the ceiling spot. It should always have power.

Note that it might take some time before a device that is unavailable in Homey, is shown without routing in the table. I personally have had good experience with working out how the signals need to pass through walls to get to the devices. If the ceiling spot is close to Homey, but the signal has to pass through walls, this can be a problem. Adding a router in a strategic place can make all the difference (at least, it worked for me). It’s not just the number of walls that count, it also depends on the material, thickness and angle of the signal (in my limited experience). One sensor gave me problems a while back. I solved it by adding a router on the other side of the wall. The distance was roughly the same and it still had the same (one) wall to pass through, but since the angle was 90 degrees, the signal has a shorter distance in the wall, so it worked.

Next, read all the comments below of people complaining that Zigbee won’t work and my comments are rubbish :wink:

Thank you for your explanation on this, i’m not an expert with only 1 yr of homey experience but i find it difficult accept that signals cause these problems.

Just to get a complete image of my setup:
-> the Aqara smart plugs have been disconnected. these were located behind my washing and drying machine and would also trigger flows to send notifications once ready. However, during late evening the smoke alarm was triggered and i found one of the two EU adaptors completely melted away. had to replace the original wall socket as that was badly damaged. was happy that only the EU socket and the wall socket were damaged and not the completely house. Since then i removed both of them because im afraid it happens again. The Aqara smart plug (the one that required an adaptor for EU plug) is quite a ‘‘unit’’ when you plug it in. Due to its weight it hangs a little and over time it made a bad connection. needless to say i won’t be using that solution again.

remainder of the house: all rooms have IKEA tradfri in the ceiling. I suppose that already should provide enough coverage for Zigbee - right?

When all directly added to Homey (so not via Ikea bridge!) and powered 24/7 then this would be ok yes.

I don’t have an overview of your house, but given the numbers of routers I can see in the table, I think this will be enough.

I understand that you don’t want to add the aqara smart plugs again. I would suggest deleting the other zigbee devices you have trouble with, and add them again.

If I were you, I would check the route they use when added. If one of the devices fails again, it helps you figure out what the problem is.

That is correct. I dont have an ikea bridge.

Everyrhing except hue is connected directly.

And hue on its own works fantastis. Dimming with dimmer is spot-on. Scenes work without delay.

Its a dream that one day it works ewually perfect on homey.

If you have a Hue bridge and all Hue products are working great, why have you the Hue dimmer switch connected to Homey directly?

Because hue is running downstairs in the living room (8x gu10) and this remote is on first floor next to my bed to control Ikea Tradfri GU10. they are not in the same zigbee network

one of my devices went into an unrecoverable state. I can’t remove the device (light sensor) anymore and i have already re-added it in the meantime.

Error upon deleting:

is there any way to delete the device or can you maybe add an option to forcefully delete it when this exception is thrown?

Feedback from my side on this announcement:
Yes, Athom has just released the new SDK3 documentation and initial test version of v5 to the Homey community Zigbee app developers, after already updating their own Zigbee based apps.

Current state of the supporting zigbeedriver and zigbee-clusters node modules is only in a (IMHO) rudimentary state; able to support their own Zigbee apps, but not able to support the larger variation of Zigbee apps.

At this moment, I feel I am forced to first support the other community developers (including myself) to bring those node modules to a decent level; which will in the end enable us to start migrating the apps to SDK3 efficiently.

In all Athom is ready and is forcing their community developers in to a position I don’t like / appreciate; unable to meet or manage their users expectations…

To set the right expectations; I don’t anticipate that I will be able to release a test version of the Aqara app (based on current device implementation) in the next 1.5 weeks (before my holidays). Sorry guys :frowning:

So strong advice to all Aqara app users;
DISABLE AUTOMATIC UPDATES OF THE EXPERIMENTAL CHANNEL.

Updating to experimental before your favorite Zigbee apps will be updated, will result in non-operational devices!

24 Likes