[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

At Homey or in common? (This limitation)

Homey (and other devices that use the same Zigbee SoC).

Thanks for the answer. I was wondering because I use now HA with a conbee II Usb stick and did not see this problems. :sunglasses:

Conbee I has a 32-device limit, not sure what the limit for Conbee II is.

1 Like

I did try to find the answer for that with google, no succes.
Iā€™m not able to find

1 Like

I`ve Read some where it is up to 200, but not sure it is correct

have you been able to ā€œconvertā€ it to Google Home ?

Ted, thank you for the hard work so far.
This week I finally received the 6 button Opple switch.
Now Iā€™m complete.
According to your last message.
What about adding to Homey the 3 switches with the single click option only?
For now my switches are useless while I can use them already with single clicks. Then later you can add some more options when they are possible.

2 Likes

I believe that isnā€™t possible; read post of the boss himself :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, I missed this message.
Unfortunately we have to wait then.

Is it possible to make the cube update while rotating?F.ex Iā€™ve set it up to lower/increase Hue Bloom dim. But it doesnā€™t seem to ā€œexecuteā€ the rotation before stopping the cube, then it updates after 1 second with the amount Iā€™ve rotated.

Is it possible to make it so it is updating while Iā€™m rotating?

Hello @all,

Forgive my English, I am French.

I just received my Homey Pro.

I bought :
mi-smart-sensor-set (see in google please)

It is impossible for me to synchronize my Xiaomi modules with the Homey Pro via the ā€œAqara & Xiaomi Samrt Homeā€ app.
When I press the button, the synchronization process starts .

image 1:

But it puts me a timeout for each module! (image 1)
I followed the instructions, I press the synchronization button every 2 seconds. I also brought the module within 10cm of Homey Pro during synchronization.

I do not understand ā€¦

Going to the github, I just saw that the problem was reported to the developer:
https://github.com/TedTolboom/com.xiaomi-mi-zigbee/issues/198

Do you have a solution ? @TedTolboom

I bought Homey Pro for this plugin ā€¦ If there is no solution I will have to send Homey Pro ā€¦

Thanks in advance !

@DinoRayn, I donā€™t have the ā€œmi-smart-sensor-setā€ myself but I am using a lot of Aqara devices successfully, I understand you bought a kit based on using the Xiaomi gateway. Thus if you intend to use the gateway you are not using the correct Homey App, you should rather try to use the ā€œXiaomi Mi Homeā€ App.
Hope it helps !
Donā€™t panic you shouldnā€™t have to send your Homey back :wink:

Thank you for your message @Arvlux !

In fact I do not use the Xiaomi gateway but only the modules.

Therefore I do not understand the problem. I tried to manually install the earlier version but it still doesnā€™t work.

I have no chance ā€¦

Thank you anyway !

Well, it works for a lot of people. So no worries, Iā€™m sure we can help you. First, are you sure you:
a) got the right app:

b) are using this app to add the devices (and not add them as a generic zigbee device)?
c) are persistent with pressing the button every 2 seconds?

Lastly, and I know most people here disagree with me, you could try adding them not right next to Homey. You already tried it right next to Homey, so it canā€™t hurt to try it a bit further away, right? Iā€™m generally about 2 - 3 meters away and it works every time.

During the add process you need to short push the add button every 2 seconds to keep your sensor alive.

Hi @Hugo, @Neuron44,

Thanks for your response :slight_smile:

I have already try yourā€™s solutions ;
-2 - 3 meters away
-push the add button every 2 seconds to keep your sensor alive

but it doesnā€™t work for meā€¦

I bought my Xiaomi products in France. Maybe there is a problem with that?

I just bought an Aqara door sensor from Amazon. If it still does not work with I return the Homey Pro product.

Thanks you!

When u read somewhere ā€œhold close to Homeyā€ they mean close. 2-3 meters is not close, 10 centimeters IS close.

I know. Just wanted to let know I disagree :joy:

2 Likes

Did you try already a PtP, means pull the plug but then for at least 15 minutes.
Nowadays Homey has some problems with Aqara stuff and only after a PtP I can add new nodes. Also after a reboot you need a PtP to make Aqara stuff not time out.

I always was very happy with my Aqara nodes but the last few months they are annoying me :blush:
Hopefully Ted or maybe Homey or both are coming with a solution.

Once it works, it works fine :+1: