[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Does anyone know if the Aqara Opple switches work with this app, or are likely to be included in the future?

I was about to post in the app request topic but since the switches work with the Aqara hub, I thought it’d make more sense to check here first.

I’m also interested in this scene selector.
Maybe we can support Ted with money so he can buy them himself and work on it.
Please contact him for the details.

Anybody else interested in these nice scene selectors from Aqara?
If so we need to support @TedTolboom to add them to the app.
Any question please contact him or me.

€ 11,74 40% Off | 2019 Nieuwe Internationale Versie Xiaomi Aqara Opple Draadloze Smart Switch ZigBee 3.0 Werken Met Mijia App Apple HomeKit Wandschakelaar
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/VS8qRnUsb

2 Likes

It is possible but Ted needs the 3 selectors. Without it he can’t do anything.
If you would like to support him you’re welcome :grin:

Has the exact same issue and the same number of devices. Athom told me the following:

"I am afraid you ran into the limitations of our current ZigBee implementation, for which I apologise.

Development has been working on a major update for this for quite some time, and made a lot of progress, however they are not completely done yet.

I can therefore only ask for some more time so they can finish their work or advise you to switch to Z-Wave for a number of products."

In other words… Wait for the Zigbee rewrite, still unknown how long this will take.

I doubt that the Zigbee rewrite will significantly increase the number of directly-connected Zigbee devices, since that’s a hardware limitation (the Zigbee SoC only has limited memory).

HI, im having difficulty getting the vibration sensor to add to Homey. I have a few other Xiaomi Zigbee products added to Homey so I know they work, but not a vibration sensor. It simply will not add. I get the Timeout adding a device message every time. Also noted in the inclusion process, it says to hold down the reset button for 5 seconds and wait for blue led to flash 3 times to start inclusion process, but there are only 2 flashes and it does not start the process. (manual also says this is the reset process)
I have found continually tapping the buttons starts the process, but it eventually times out, even if i continue to keep tapping the button.
Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
Thanks, ps great app thus far.

I agree, but Athom apparently has other tricks in mind… :roll_eyes: We’ll have t see what they will come up with i guess.

SOLVED:

IDs should be “Right button” and “Left button” respectively.

Hello,

A super silly question on button IDs for Aqara Wireless Switch Double 2018.

I want a flow that says “Hello World” when left button is pressed.

Working flow:
If button pressed
then say “Hello World”

but of course right button also triggers the flow

Not working flow:
If button pressed
and button is exactly 0
then say “Hello World”

Presumably I am using a wrong button ID. Can please anyone advise what button ID is associated with left button?

But what is the limit, anyone knows ? Eg. I have in total 3 non-battery powered devices which acts as routers in total 25 devices including Homey. So is it really the issue ? When I’m looking on routers, 6 devices are routing and another 6 as well so just 10 are connected directly to Homey. I just lost one of them and Homey - so 25 in total. So are routers solving this anyhow, or ? Looking that routers somehow routes only 6 devices each, a coincident ?

Use “a scene has been activated” in the “when” pane instead;

Hi Peter

Could you explain how to get direct information, readable on the button like on your picture?

I also had a lot and a lot of difficulties with this vibration sensor, exactly same problems as you. But after about ten attemps, it worked!
Try this: go near your Homey (very near, 10 cm), then press the button 3-5 seconds until the first blue flash, and directly after the first flash of the blue led, release the button. Then press the button about every 5 seconds until the sensor is added.
Don’t misunderstand me: this sensor has a very clear problem in its design or programming, it’s not at all normal to have to do this!

You have to run it locally and change the code to achieve this. Take a look at this topic.

I’m using a Aqara relay module. This is a two channel relay. In homey it is shown as 1 device/app. In flows I can use switch 1 or switch 2, but in Google homer only switch 1 is available.

Because of this topic i did buy some temp sensors and placed them in fridge and freezer it is working nicely.

I do have two items:

• The battery of the freezer is droppig to 65% in a week. Do you recognize this? Do you need to replace the battery often?

• One device in a fridge is not connected to Zigbee anymore after some hours. After pushing the button it is connecting again. The device of the freeser is further away from Homey and no having no problem. I did repair the device , but the same problem. Any idea’s?

Point 1: Yes, as you can see the freezer sensors are on 65% and 69%. They have that percentage from the first week. Didn’t have to change the batteries yet, although i had to clean one of them due to large amount of ice between the battery and the contact. After good drying and replacing it in another spot it worked again.

Point 2: I have had that a few times, but not with the ones in the fridges and freezers. I think it highly depends on the place in the unit because there is a lot of insulation, metal en electronics in there.
Maybe you can try it on a slight different place in the fridge?

Thanks for the answers

on the main screen yes, i just activates relay 1, to activate relay 2 you need to open the device go to the switch screen and on the top where it says Switch 1, you can tap this to get a drop down menu and select relay 2.
It is not very convenient and would be better if it was more like a fibaro double relay, but the other option is to simply create a virtual switch and a flow to switch relay 2 with the virtual switch.

Any news on the B1 Curtain motor:/?