[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

It worked for a few months stable, and worked perfectly.
so i think something has changed with a software update somewhere.

Iā€™m still having problems adding my Motion sensors again to my Homeyā€¦ Is there any solution on the way? Have tested like everything and still no luck on any of the 2 sensorsā€¦

1 Like

Tested to assign them just beside the Homey.
Walking around the house and trying to assign them.
I always longpress the button on th sensor until the light flashed 3 times. Then pressed the button at least once every 1-2 sec.
Have done this at least 30 times until timeout on both my sensors.
Ive changed batteries.
Ive tested to have the Homey unplugged for several hours, and then tried again. No luck.
Decided to go for the experimental version of Homey just to see if it solved it.
But yeah still no luckā€¦

Hello everyone,

I saw this switch which i am thinking of buying. Anyone any idea if this already works with the aqara app on homey? I cannot find it in the supported products list.

Hi Ted,

I was having trouble connecting a Xiaomi Switch and tried over a few months to modify my technique. I was disappointed as it do not seem to connect. I tried using your explicit instruction above. Well after almost giving up again, I patiently kept the switch awake after having reset to flash blue a few times. Every two seconds I pulsed the switch with momentary prod. It worked! I then created a few flows using a Ikea bulb and a Broadlink smart AC socket and Broadlink RM Pro IR to turn on a Benq projector and Sony AV. All very disparate products. Using the Xiaomi ZigBee switch I was able to instigate the whole lot working with button press on the Xiaomi switch.

Couple of combined questionsā€¦
Can anyone comment on the functionality of the Humidity sensor?
And any update on support of the flood sensor?

Iā€™m looking for a way to control my shower extractor fan to only come on when the shower is on - would the humidity sensor be suitable for this or would it take too long to detect.
Presumably the flood sensor would work for this (sticking it by the plug), but last mention on that seems to be in April with no news sinceā€¦

My humidity sensor picks up showering within a minute. I have a second sensor in the study and if difference in humidity is higher then 7% I start the ventilation. If lower then 5% I stop ventilation.

2 Likes

Can you tell when i took a shower?

70% is fan on
<70% = fan off after 5 minutes

works great!

3 Likes

I canā€™t get my flow to work and still it seems correct to me. The ā€œTestā€ button does nothing. No errors and no greens :frowning:

Yes itā€™s a local logic card (is there any other?) and when I test the flow I use 2 as my fridge is 4 degrees.

If u guys still think this conversation is Xiaomi related the plz continue this here.

Iā€™m sorry if this is the wrong forum bro. Where should I post it?

[Roy] i tried and it didnā€™t help but I got this:

Tell you whatā€¦ Itā€™s working now :slight_smile:

I guess Homey needed some extra time to recover fully after restart. But I still get no red or green signs when testing, but never mind.

Many many thanks Roy!

(I will be back in another forum soon :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

1 Like

hey,

I successfully paired a vibration sensor. Now I have a question. I am using my homey with homeykit to manage my devices with the Home App from apple.

Do i have to take any further steps to import the vibration sensor into my home app or is the vibration sensor not supported by the homeykit app?

Are there any plans to add the Robot vacuum cleaner as well?

The vacuum is a wifi device. The first gen is suported.

And did you get this working?

Suddenly all my temp sensors stopped reporting. Says 19h since last temp report on all of them (5).
Could this be cause the rc5 upgrade i got yesterday on homey? Or anyone has a clue what happened?

I got the update during the night and now they are working again

Hello everyone. I have a problem with a wireless switch Aqara. I installed it in Homey but when I create a flow with in action ā€œa button has been pressedā€ or a scene nothing happens. the button does not react. when I run the flow manually, it works. did anyone have this problem? thank you in advance