[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Hi. So I have installed a H1 single wall switch w/neutral in my basement. It works really well. One thing I don’t get is why it doesn’t show energy consumption. Can someone help me with this issue, please?

Hi Ted,
I also migrated to HP2023 yesterday.
After “repairing” all Aqara-devices I have issues with all door/window sensors. (20+)
They work for about half an hour and then stop working. I also tried removing from homey and include as a new sensor.
Repairing again makes them work for again half an hour. At the moment non of the sensors is reporting anymore.
Also watersensors are having difficulties.
Sockets and RollershadeDrivers E1 seem to have no issues.

Hope there is a solution for this…
The impacted sensor is Xiaomi door and window sensor (lumi_sensor_magnet)

Eric

Report: 367ade5a-015e-47b4-9fb1-9d2b1ecd9f75

Please ensure that you report your issue(s) with Athom by using the advised link:

From app side I only have limited access to the logs. Not to migration logs or Zigbee core logs…

I am unable to add new (from the box) devices to my hp23, or repair existing.

Attempting to repair will remove the device from the old homeys network, but does not add it to the new homey. App stays on the ‘please hold down the button’ view.

I have submitted a report to the general athom support but also thought it was worth while submitting one to you :

0cbb369c-f9d1-4c60-983d-9311ea194824

Not using the HP23 for my house yet, so let me know if there is anything at all you would like me to try.

How much devices were you able to add or migrate before issues started?

[quote=“Jamie, post:4381, topic:156”]
Attempting to repair will remove the device from the old homeys network, but does not add it to the new homey. App stays on the ‘please hold down the button’ view. [/quote]

With Zigbee devices, the device is only allocated to an app when a match has been found based on the ID. In this case the inclusion didn’t start, so Athom will need to check the logs.

Did you try after a fresh reboot? And after removing the battery of the device?

I’ve never attempted to migrate or add zigbee items to the HP23 previously.

I have about 20-25 Aqara devices, vibration, contact, temp which was working on a HP2018.

I am able to add the devices to HP23 as generic zigbee devices.

Which option did you use when adding the devices?
Homey > Zigbee
Aqara app > any device

In a few cases the Xiaomi / Aqara device don’t report (correctly) the manufacturer Id, which should be contained by using the Aqara app > device option when adding devices

I experience the exact same problem :confused:
Temperature sensors work fine but occupancy sensor and door contact are just plain unreachable after initial pairing and then repairing :frowning:
ea4ade4d-30ef-40ff-8d7e-c55e4ccbf945

So I did the following

1. Tested that the devices were working correctly on HP18

2. Backed up HP18

3. Restored HP18 back up to HP23

4. Attempted to repair contact sensor 1 (hp23) - did not work, and was removed from Hp18.

5. Attempted to repair temp sensor 1 (hp23)- did not work, and was removed from Hp18.

6. Attempted to repair contact sensor 1 (hp23)- did not work, and was removed from Hp18.

7. Attempted to pair brand new temp sensor 2 (hp23) using aqara app - did not work

8. Successfully paired brand new temp sensor (hp23) using homey → zigbee.

9. Attempted to add contact sensor 1 using (hp23) homey → zigbee - did not work

10. Attempted to add contact sensor 2 using (hp23) homey → zigbee : received error ( Something went wrong wrong while adding thie device, please try again)

11. Tried multiple more times - did not work.

12. Opened brand new contact sensor

13. Attempt to pair to HP23, aqara → Did not work

14. Attempt to pair with HP23 Homey → Zigbee - Did not work

15. Attempted to pair with HP18 Aqara Contact - Paired Successfully

16. Removed new contact sensor from HP18 - by clicking remove device

17. Attempted to add to HP23 using AQARA app , toggling the sensor as I added it → Device was added

Thanks Jamie.
Did you report these findings with Athom, together with a Homey (level) diagnostics report? I will follow-up with Athom based on your findings.

Can you share the 8 character Homey diagnostics report id?

My initial report to athom was a bit more simplistic in nature.

While attempting another repair of contact sensor 1 (using method 17 of randomally hitting the contact button, and open/closing the door), I received the error ‘something went wrong’. - however, the device was correctly repaired.

Four hours, but I have been able to repair one device … I’ve sent a new diagnostic report to you.

@Jamie as mentioned already.
The app diagnostic reports for Zigbee apps will only show logs at the moment that adding a device was succesfull (aka added as a device from the app).

Any failed attempts are not accessible from my (app) side, so therefore it is essential to share the issue with Athom, together with a Homey diagnostics report (8 character code).

Yeah I have done that,

I shared the latest code with you, as it was successful in pairing. Maybe you will find it useful - but perhaps not, either way I figured it wouldn’t hurt to send.

The offer remains, let me know if there is anything you would like me to try for you, I’m not planning on migrating for a little while yet and I have some spare time.

Someone answered me that countdown wasn’t the good solution. “Motion alarm turned off” uses to be enough.

Here is my situation: In my kitchen, there’s 2 P1 which detects motion from two different parts of the room. I’d like to trigger light when someone is moving, keep light while someone is still moving, then cut light after 3 minutes without any motion.

I think I could use a “or” logic test, between both P1, to trigger light on. But even with my actual settings, I’ve got to wait for 4-5 (sometimes, more) minutes before Homey “sees” a new motion signal from P1.

It’s not a problem with data reception (radio problem), because luminance data are received by Homey in live.

What solution do you use in this situation?
Thanks again

You can use ‘or’.
But, you can also put them in a zone and start a counter for 3 minutes when the zone is inactive.
The fact you have to wait 4 to 5 minutes is probably because you sensor has 1 or more minutes to detect if there is no movement anymore?
And your sensor might have a large ‘before idle’ time, which may cause the wait before ‘it’ detects movement again?

The fact you have to wait 4 to 5 minutes is probably because you sensor has 1 or more minutes to detect if there is no movement anymore?
And your sensor might have a large ‘before idle’ time, which may cause the wait before ‘it’ detects movement again?

As you can see with this screenshot, settings seems to provide less than 4 or 5 minutes (Motion sensor blindtime = 10s and Reset motion alarm after = 50s). So it uses to make 60s, not more.
I don’t understand.

Try to change the battery on the switch, mine came depleted

Indeed. Even if Homey says battery is not empty.
Battery level if the Aqara’s is not always accurate.

Hi,
Is it a possibility to have FP1 sensor added? Or is it a timeline for adding the sensor? :grimacing::pray:t2:

Just wanted to share my experience with aqara devices (not necessarily related to this app but thought this was the best place to post it) on the homey pro 2023;

I thought it was working well on my homey pro (2019) but today I found out this 2023 model is a whole different ballgame…

I have a contact sensor on a sliding door that, when opened, turns on the lights in the room. It was working well on my old homey but on the new one it kept turning on even when I closed the door… so I thought I made a booboo in the flow but couldn’t find it.
Then I started checking the device and to my surprise it was physically not set up ideally, causing multiple open/close triggers whilst closing (like 4/5 in a single second)… stuff I’ve never deemed possible on the old homey.

Needless to say, I’m impressed with the zigbee implementation (and the new model’s performance in general).

2 Likes