[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

I use a lot of Ikea bulbs in every room of my house and use quite a lot Aqara sensors. Like temperature, doorsensors, motion, watersensors, etc.
But I have never had any problems…?

Possibly it is a problem with the firmware of the bulbs.
The problem is, you can’t compare the firmware version because it’s not mentioned in Homey.

They are not repeaters, but I updated the firmware of the Ikea Up/Down button a few days ago. Before, the buttons very often did not work, now they work 100%.

So my suggestion is to update the firmware of the bulbs.

2 Likes

I agree with @DirkG that some firmware upgrades in Ikea products can improve reliability if the devices a lot. Have experienced it multiple times too.
Luckily an Ikea gateway does not have to be expensive (a new version is supposed to be coming in october), so updating is not too difficult. I bought a gateway just for this purpose and update every new evice always before adding to Homey. The firmware on the devices can be quite old when you buy them and in my experience there is very often an update when checking right after buying.

A changelog for all Ikea Smart Home products can be found here:
https://ww8.ikea.com/ikeahomesmart/releasenotes/releasenotes.html
As Fantross said, you can’t check firmware versions of your Ikea devices through Homey, but if the changelog mentions an update from a later date than when you bought it, you definately know the firmware is "old’.

Unfortunately, when connecting a device to the Ikea Gateway means you loose the device in Homey and have to add it as a new device again.
But the highly helpfull script of @martijnpoppen can help you to keep you from editing all you Ikea involved flows…

3 Likes

Understood,

I am holding my breath for the E1 blind controller, I have a dozen of the sitting on an Aqara Hub pretending to be an IOT island :slight_smile:

hi I can not connect Vibraton Sensor or single remote Switch.
sometimes it’s found but Time Out connection Error.
aquara devices. what can I do?

@Urknall78
When you add the vibration sensor and it is found by Homey, did you press every 2 or 3 seconds on the pair button to keep the device awake?
If not, try it please.

1 Like

Hi I have H1 duble switch no neutral, and sometimes if I manual switch on after liget turn on but homey app not syncing the switch is on. And I need push 2 times in the homey app if I want to off. It is future or bug :slight_smile:

Some problem here. I just bought it to measure but somehow it will allways stay at 0 Watt.

Never mind, I just found out resetting the plug fixed it. Once the plug is removed from the socket (and thus powerless) it no longer measures power afterwards. Is that normal behaviour?

Hi I send diagnostic report now 8470abce-ea31-4fae-8ee3-3848b9e91b34

the test version fixes this I believe

Can you give a link for the test version. Ik can not include my aqara D1 wall switch LN it worked fine but had to do some adjustments re inclusion dos not work. It start paring but it takes to long en than it say device not responding. The blue led wil not blink 3 times after holing de button it blinks rapidly. The d1 wall switch L whiteout neutral works fine en that dos inclusion…

Please help end advice… can not find the solution

@TedTolboom

Just add test to the end of the URL.

Thx! That’s good for the future

Thank you for your efforts and great work @TedTolboom! It is highly appreciated - keep up the good work!

Thanks for all the great work on the application. I’m trying to monitor the electricity usage in my house via Aqara Smart Plug EU. I can control them right from Homey, but I don’t see any PowerConsumption. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Hi! just wanted to check if there are any plans to add suppport for the SRTS-A01 Aqara Smart Radiator Thermostat E1.
Really good app by the way!

3 Likes

I try so, but nothing changed.
The App dosent found any new device. Switch, Vibration, nothing. I try diverent timings for reset and search. try click button to keep alive with different timings.
Nothing. Restart Homey, restart app. no devices found. any other idears?

ok thats strange for me.
i was 20-30 cm away from the Homey and nothing work.
While I was trying to connect the sensor, my wife asked me to pull up the sun blind in the kitchen. When I got there, it suddenly said - successfully connected - on the cell phone.
Next test with the button (2018 version) - started the reset directly in the kitchen at the window and TADA - successfully connected - what’s the point now? 5 meters away is it possible and not directly near the headquarters?
Can it be that connecting via other devices in between works better than directly on the Homey?

Homey only supports a limited number (15, according to Athom) of directly connected Zigbee devices.