[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

I am really confused - one week ago I added 2 Mi Motion Sensors without problems ( v.1.1.4 ). Today I bought another one and I am not able connect it.

Some advice?

1 Like

As with all these issues: how many Zigbee devices do you have, and what’s the ratio of router devices to end devices? See here: https://developer.athom.com/tools/zigbee

On my Homey I have only 5 directly connected zigbee devices - 2x Mi Motion sensor, 2x Mi Door sensor, 1x Mi Switch button

All other devices are connected through hubs - especialy Philips Hue

And what happens specifically when you try to add the third motion sensor? Do you get any errors? If so, which ones?

No, I got no error - it is waiting

I pressed the reset button 3x - no results. ( several times )
I checked pressing the reset button each 2 second to keep sensor awake - no result

I tested the sensor with Xiaomi gateway as well and sensor is OK.

1 Like

After 3 sec pressing of resset button sensor flash 3 x - cca 1 sec later one short flash and 6 sec letar one longer flash

1 Like

I have also this issue suddenly. And not only related to Aqara but also other zigbee apps. So i think it is general issue.

Strange is that last week ( new version of app was relased ) I was able add 5 Mi devices without problems … ???

And then you press the button every 2 seconds? And in a close range to Homey?

It’s a bit guessing this way…

Ofcourse yes, not a noob to homey and adding zigbee devices.

1 Like

The same by me :frowning:

1 Like

Then give that information if you want someone to respond and try to help.

Now 2 people had to ask for that information and then you give a snobby reply.
Great…

Like in “Oh no it’s not working, please help me!”
“Ok, but what isn’t working, what are you doing? You should do it this way”
“Well, never mind then, i’m not stupid”

Sorry did not mean to be mean. Lets get back to topic. I think it is general issue than aqara app issue.

For the people that have issues adding devices, see the post of AR-J above. Looks like Athom is aware of the issue. That’s why V5 is still a beta…

I checked my Homey log - when I was able add new devices last time, I was on version 1.1.2

Question is if somebody was able add new devices on v 1.1.4 ?

Edit: But - thanks to Maurice for info - looks that we should be patient :slight_smile:

Not only for you personally @Mender, I will repeat once more:

Inclusion of Zigbee or Z-wave devices is handled by Homey’s core, not within the corresponding apps.
The app developers have no control over the success of the inclusion process, other than providing the right inclusion instructions and the right device ID’s to make the match to the right device driver.

Off course I am collecting information (see referenced topic above) and collaborating with Athom to find the root cause and get a solution in place.

3 Likes

Thank you very much - not only for explanation, but for your effort and for your patience with us. :slight_smile:

Ted please add aqara roller shade. Thanks for your job.

1 Like

Anyone using double-tap on this device? Compare to sliding, rotating eg. seems to be extremely un-reliable…