[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

I agree with @DirkG that some firmware upgrades in Ikea products can improve reliability if the devices a lot. Have experienced it multiple times too.
Luckily an Ikea gateway does not have to be expensive (a new version is supposed to be coming in october), so updating is not too difficult. I bought a gateway just for this purpose and update every new evice always before adding to Homey. The firmware on the devices can be quite old when you buy them and in my experience there is very often an update when checking right after buying.

A changelog for all Ikea Smart Home products can be found here:
https://ww8.ikea.com/ikeahomesmart/releasenotes/releasenotes.html
As Fantross said, you can’t check firmware versions of your Ikea devices through Homey, but if the changelog mentions an update from a later date than when you bought it, you definately know the firmware is "old’.

Unfortunately, when connecting a device to the Ikea Gateway means you loose the device in Homey and have to add it as a new device again.
But the highly helpfull script of @martijnpoppen can help you to keep you from editing all you Ikea involved flows…

3 Likes