And temperature IS

Hi all,

Background of the questions: The tempertures are rising again and I would like to manage the ambient temperature of the bedroom. We have rooftop windows which can be opened all night, but prior to sunrise need to close again. There are quite some birds around and though I really love hearing them wake up, my girlfirend doesn’t :slight_smile:
So what I already did is creating a flow: If windows are open AND sunrise is in 60 min’s: close windows.
That works :slight_smile:

Now the second step:
If then the temperature is still above 23 degrees in the bedroom, I want to start the airco.
IF xxxx AND the flow to close the windows is triggered, THEN: turn on airo, set to cool at 21 degrees and set to moderate fan speed.

My question is how to best trigger this airco flow. I have a Sensibo airco remote and Fibaro switch in the bedroom, both measuring tempratures.
However both only trigger when the temperature exceeds a certain value.
I can set "if temperature exceeds 21 degrees AND flow for closing window is started, THEN set Airco.
But in that case it can be that the temperature is reached during the day and below again when the flow runs at night.
Would there be a device which has the possibility to select “if the temperature IS above xx” rather then “if the temperature has exceeded xxx”?
Or should I try and create a variable on/of when temperature is reached?
Issue is that the flow can only be triggered by a temperature trigger. That another flow has started, cannot be an IF for this flow unfortunately.

Hope this is a bit clear :slight_smile:

thanks!

You probably can use:
If temperature changed
And temperature is above 21_°C
Then do your thing

Thanks, would it in that case also work if:

• IF temperature exceeded 23 degrees
  • AND Flow to close windows is activated
  • AND temperature is between 23 and 40 degrees (setting possible by my Tado in the bedroom)
    -THEN start airco

In case for example the temperature exceeds 23 degrees at 14hrs in the afternoon and then the flow to close the windows only starts at 05hrs the next night, would this flow then still be activated?
(I can always test off course, but just wondering also from theoretical point of view).

Other suggestion:
Create a logic which is set to “on” when the temperature exceeded 23 degrees and then:

• IF logic changed
  • AND Flow to close windows is activated
  • AND temperature is between 23 and 40 degrees (setting possible by my Tado in the bedroom)
    -THEN start airco
  • THEN set logic back to “off”

thanks,

Just use logics card:
and [temperature] is greater than 22.9
(where [temperature] is the tag from your tado device

Thanks!

1 Like