Advanced Flow — Community Q&A (from Ask Me Anything 05-07-2022)

Thanks, forgot about that part!
While my lights stayed off during testing Aflows, I was under the impression it doesn’t run THEN cards for real. :upside_down_face:

I’m getting old :sweat_smile:

Timeline card in error, cards which should send the error, are in error too :nerd_face:
Screenshot from 2022-07-11 22-58-53

Both Signal and Papertrails card can’t send the error message while missing token for argument. Any way to send an error message when the message itself is probably empty?
I’d rather have an empty error notification instead of nothing…
Screenshot from 2022-07-11 22-59-04

I also seem to get that occasionally lately. Only restarting Homey fixes it for me.

You mean the “rate limit”? Yes I know a restart solves it (or a 24h wait).

But I want the other cards inform me about the rate limited timeline (because otherwise you only discover that if the last timeline message is from yesterday :grimacing: )
But they don’t send the error while there is an error with the error tag.
Or does a restart fix that too?

For the people who asked for more triggers or a way to create loops within Advanced Flows: Advanced Triggers - Trigger and action cards with eventname for Advanced Flows - Apps - Homey Community Forum.

2 Likes

Guys, would you know if there is some “universal” tag I can reuse in case case of such WHEN condition ? I would like simply to report which of the sensor went above certain value… so it will have only one THEN “Timeline - Sensor XXX density changed to YYY” .

But these triggers don’t have an own Tag, just a Tag from each device. you need Triggers for that with a Tag. but even then there is no solution for (yet) than scripting it in HomeyScript

1 Like

Hi i have a toweldryer in my bathroom that i want to start for one hour when the humidity increases for example 15 % in 10 minutes but i am not sure where to start does anyone have an idea?

Depends a bit on the sensors you are using, for the calculation of the increase you probably want to use some better logic (unless there is a way in your sensors to do that math for you) then start the towel dryer and a countdown, and when countdown reaches 0 turn the towel dryer off

1 Like

You could do it like this:

(I used temperature because of the lack of the cards you have, but just as an example)

2 Likes

How do you search for errors now with advanced flows?
I created this flow, but my Door light was dark last evening and also the motion sensor did not activate it, and I don’t know why.
Maybe you can help me, loving AF but still not even close to really getting it.
Thanks!

See post #249
When you draw the red line to a notification card, you can select the local tag “Error”. When the source card is in error, this tag will display the error message.

1 Like

Thank you Peter, will try!

1 Like

Question: Does anybody have issues with advanced flows being disabled when using the Every x seconds/minutes/hour card? I combined several old flows into a couple advanced flow containing one or more Every x starters. They seem to run fine, but then suddenly get disabled.
Any Idea?

The trigger rate limit also is in standard flows. Just with multiple triggers in one flow you will hit it sooner i think.

I Just think every X seconds isn’t the correct way to automate.

1 Like

This flow is a bit hard to follow, and it looks prone to bugs, especially with the delays in there. Could you explain, in plain language, what you want to achieve? I can take a stab at setting it up in a more robust manner for you.

IE: Currently, your lights will dim to 50% 5 minutes after the first movement was detected. So if someone comes home at 22:00, and someone comes home at 22:04, the light won’t be dimmed at 22:09, which might be expected, but rather at 22:05.

I just mentioned it because maybe some of you have noticed the same thing. I also found I can work around it by setting multiple time triggers.

1 Like

I don’t why the flow did not start, but it worked now the last days.
Idea is to control my outdoor light and have it on at 50% after sunset and before 23:30.
Once there is movement, it should lighten up to 100% for 5 min and then go back to 50% mode like before.
Still have to test in detail…

Your description resulted to this flow:

I rather use timers than delay cards for these scenarios
And a hint, most lights turn on when you set or change the dim value, then there’s no need for “turn on light X” prior to “dim light X to y%”

1 Like