Advanced Flow — Ask Me Anything

Detail perhaps; but can we have the Advanced Flow icon here too, @Emile?

4 Likes

If I were a developer… Shouldn’t be a difficult addition for the Athom developers. I’d think they appreciate feedback and improve the feature based on it. I’m sure I’m not the only one.

1 Like

Agreed.

2 Likes

Status is something like “under processing”. After upgrading the firmware to 8.0 the new advanced flow is loading fine.

The question and worry I have, having received 15 confirmation emails about the purchase, was I charged 15 times for the single purchase???

Update is the good thing, but my 7xxx was also “allowing” to create advanced flow - actually a nice video + buy button. So, can i conclude, this (my current) firmware is/must also supporting the advanced flows?

No, you need Homey v8.0.0

Would be nice to see a standard tag with the flow name in it… quite usefull.

2 Likes

Yes, this status was also in my purchase list after some time - long sufficient in “Buy” to make additional payment.
For me, it finally comes one “Your order xxxx is confirmed” mail, and after a upgrade to 8 i see the empty background for advanced flow (hope, it working to).
But from my personal point - the PayPal claim is still in resolve - and for @Athom, can You look over the shop/orders - can not find the help button/instructions. Yes, may-be it’s my personal theme, but may also be, i’m not the alone there with same problem. Yes, there are nice support links to watch videos :wink: but when there is a specific (described above) problem - hmm, finally can find it - mail to (generic?!?) info ?!?

That would be a very nice to have.

Bought Advanced Flow without second thought, looks amazing!

3 Likes

Good question!

1 Like

220 posts were merged into an existing topic: Advanced Flow — Community Q&A (from Ask Me Anything 05-07-2022)

As a commitedl user with a large number of Homey’s (10 ! … don’t ask) ) I really would appreciate being able to purchase a per ‘user’ volume license rather than per Homey.

Maybe a buy 2 (or 3) and get 1 free offer or 5 and get 2 free … as I’m sure user based licensing raises a load of sale/transfer problems.

You kind of do it with backups already but have no easy way to handle users with larger numbers of hubs.

I have purchased a single license but please don’t punish your loyal users this way.

6 Likes

hmmm i purchased it and now i have to update to v8.0.0 to get it work

In the past i had sometimes a lot of problems after a major update of firmware…

Who updated his homey to this version 8 and did you had any problems regarding devices not working anymore after the update, devices like;
Hue
aquara&xiaomi
switchbot
Tuya

I have several apps (but only Aqara from your list) and all of them work fine under v8. No problems at all.
I think the update is not too big. Only change according to the changelog is the one regarding advanced flows.

Questions I have: this is a per Homey purchase. So what happens if I factory reset it, what happens if I replace a broken one and what happens if I sell it?

Answers to a few of your questions:

3 Likes

A couple of things to mention…

1. There are still some ‘under construction’ features in the Homey Web App that have been like that for a hundred years… - I hope working on the new Advanced Flow isn’t delaying those is it detracts from the overall professionalism.

2. It’s nice to see Homey Pro still being worked on when I am sure there are so many things that need attention in Homey, Glad that Pro has not been forgotten and still getting attention. I do realise an additional income stream might have incentivised this somewhat. Please keep evolving Pro as a capable and leading product

Advanced flow is a great step in that direction…

K

2 Likes

How should Athom/Homey know how you created your flows? Now you have several independent flows you are calling one from another. That can’t be converted automatically.

2 Likes

Advanced Flow not working on Safari, it does work on Chrome.
Can u guys fix that please?

1 Like

nobody can fix safari :joy:

5 Likes