Adax wifi heaters support of workaround for Homey Pro 2023?

This morning it seems to work again very weird.

Have seen an email from Adax support where they are claim to be aware of the issue and working on a fix. So fingers crossed that it will soon be resolved :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Adax 1.3.2024:

"We would like to inform you that we have received feedback from several of our customers about problems with the API and the Homey integration. Our technical team is now conducting a comprehensive review to identify the cause of these issues. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we greatly appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this.

Thank you for your understanding."

Hi all, we’re maintaining close contact with Adax and are actively working on getting both the Adax and Glamox Apps officially published for compatibility with Homey Cloud. While we hadn’t initially noted these issues, we’ll ensure they are addressed from our end as well. Stay tuned for updates! :raised_hands:

3 Likes

All my 4 Adax units stopped reporting temperature on exactly 00:00, february 29th. Makes you wonder if some server somewhere wasn’t programmed for the leap year day…?
Since then, the units can only be controlled locally even if they show blue Wi-Fi signs. Also no error in the Homey app, where they just appear to act normally even if there’s no actual respons in the units…

Same here, all of my heaters stopped working at the same time, February 29th 00:00.

Looks like a new version of the Y2k bug. :man_shrugging:

The same here. Seems like a global issue.

Any news?

I added one of my heaters after resetting it and it appears to work in Homey. But I haven’t tested it good enough yet.

I did too. Appears to work after Re-adding.
This is a real bitch - lost of flows that need reconstruction…

Just done the same for mine - luckily only one radiator and 4 flows. But really needed it back up and running ASAP.

Same here, all adax heaters stopped working 29. feb 00. 00

At least for me they work again. Just need to delete the radiators from both Homey and Adax. Then install them again. Sadly your flows will be broken. Nothing you can do for it.

For the future some suggestions:

1. A countdown timer that starts whenever the temperature reading is changed → a push message if no value is changed in X hours. This way I know if they stop working again.
  2. Where practical, migrate Adax-flows to use variables. This way, if you need to reset any radiator, you only need to reconnect the variables and not reconnect every flow to the correct device. Btw. This trick works many other not so reliable devices as well.

My heaters also stopped working in Homey on Feb 29 and they are still not working.

Got this answer from Adax support today:

If simply pluging off the wall, waiting a few minutes and pluging back in willl help - then yes, Homey will start working. If this will not help and user will need to reset heater, then he will need to integrate heaters to Homey again.