Support for wifi controlled heaters/radiators (adax, mills etc)?

I am buying wifi enabled electric heaters from Adax (Norway). These can be managed via ADAX own app and web-portal.

WIll it be possible to integrate these into Homey in near future? (Have searched the forum and internet without success).

There are other brands (Mills, Delonghi, Fischer, Siemens etc.) which electric raditors are increasingly able to be controlled via Wifi, for use in smart homes, in order to save energy when not in use.
Thus it is a growing market seamingly.

4 Likes

There is app for Mill! It’s in beta but works pretty well!

1 Like

Yes for the Mills a new app has appeared, but not for the Adax heaters unfortunately.
So far I have gathered the following (more or less useful) info about the Adax back-end: It uses TLS 1.2 with either TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA256 or TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA to communicate with the heater and app, respectively. Packets are sent using HTTP over TLS. During communication, one out of two certificates are used Baltimore CyberTrust Root (SHA256 with RSA)
Microsoft IT SSL SHA2 (SHA256 with RSA)
*.azurewebsites.net (SHA256 with RSA).
In addition to communication to a back-end, the heater and app also communicate
directly with each other. This communication is encrypted but appears to
be using a symmetrical cipher with a shared secret as there are no TLS handshake
or plaintext communication. The LAN-chip is probably either an ESP8266 (most likely) or ESP32 (less likely).
brg Simen

Hi @RoyWissenburg Apologies, but I am new at this.
Thank you for referring me to the thread for app requests. Will open a post there for Wifi heaters.

Even though I may not have expressed it clearly, I was looking for other potential heaters, already supported.
Later in this post I can see that Mills radiators may be supported in a Beta app.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

@Simen_Ringstad: Thanks for letting me know of the Mills radiators (even though suppport may be in beta). I will reconsider Mills heaters, instead of ADAX. :slight_smile:

I just recived information from ADAX:

The Homey and Home Assistant APIs are in “production” and the plan is to launch this before the New Year.

4 Likes

Gre8 info. Adax glamox are quite popular even in my region. Would definitely consider them in the future with homey integration. Up untill now I’ve chosen non smart (old Gen) Beha heaters with fibaro switch but if glamox would be integrated in homey that would be no brainer.

This is very interesting! I recently bought an Adax Wi-Fi heater with the assumption that Homey would support them. It would be great to get this into Homey!

Havent heard anything new yet though, but hopefully they will release it soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also reached out, asking for an update. I got the following reply:

We are working on this but we are unfortunate some delayed.
Hopefully we will be able to release this integration in march!

2 Likes

Thanks for update!

I was told by adax that integrationis expected by march/april -2020.

2 Likes

Update, anyone?

1 Like

Adax has now released the app on the Homey app store:

It looks like I need to update my heaters to firmware >1.0.1.26 for them to be transferred from the Adax app to Homey. The release notes state that in a later version they will add energy consumption to the app as well.