[APP][Pro] Weather by Open-Meteo

Always be weather-ready

Weather by Open-Meteo is a fast and reliable weather app that offers accurate weather forecasts for your current location or any other location worldwide. Powered by Open Meteo, a free and open-source weather API, this app delivers real-time weather data without the need for an API token.

With a simple and user-friendly interface, Weather by Open-Meteo provides hourly and daily forecasts, as well as detailed information about temperature, humidity, wind speed, and more. Whether you’re planning a trip, going for a run, or just need to know if it’s going to rain, Weather by Open-Meteo has got you covered.

Overall, Weather by Open-Meteo is a must-have app for anyone who wants accurate and reliable weather forecasts without the hassle of API tokens. Download it now and stay up-to-date with the latest weather conditions wherever you go.

How to setup

1. Add a Weather Device to your Homey Smart home.
  2. Follow the instructions.
  3. Done.

Planed Features

1. Support for Air Quality
    1. Particulate Matter PM10
    2. Particulate Matter PM2.5
    3. Carbon Monoxide CO
    4. Nitrogen Dioxide NO2
    5. Sulphur Dioxide SO2
    6. Ozone O3
    7. Aerosol Optical Depth
    8. Dust
    9. Ammonia NH3
    10. Alder Pollen
    11. Birch Pollen
    12. Grass Pollen
    13. Mugwort Pollen
    14. Olive Pollen
    15. Ragweed Pollen
  2. Support for Imperial system

Links

Feedback / Bugs

Any requests please post them in this topic or on GitHub.
Please report issues at the issues section on Github otherwise in this topic.

Would you like to buy me a coffee :coffee: or a beer? :beer:

Feel free to donate to me for my work :slight_smile: It’s highly appreciated!

Check out my other apps

6 Likes
  • Reserved

A little teaser can be found here.

1 Like

Nice app! I have waiting a long time for an app with the possibility to adjust more! will Definitely install when its out! Thanks allot! :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Weather by Open-Meteo is now live!

As always, if you have any suggestions or issues, feel free to report them!
A review is also welcome :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

2 Likes

After installing the app on my homey I try to install it in the Homey app. After choosing the variables I get a white screen on my iPhone.

Have you ever compared the weather data with OpenWeather?

Could you send a diagnostic report?
It should work :man_shrugging:

No, but weather data always differs from provider to provider.

I know, and the location also has an influence.
So I might give the app a try. The problem is that I don’t have much RAM available…
How much RAM does the app need on your homey (Pro 2023, right?).

417cea26-88d2-4a70-b4e8-e9cc24439308

19MB but on HP2023, should be less on the HP2019

@Jacques_Derks could you also try the webapp?

I did for a day now, I like the way Open-meteo can be configured. but it refreshes only every hour and my openweather refreshes every 2 minutes.

An hour is for a longer forecast not a problem but I’m using it mostly for the here and now and than is an hour a bit to long

And indeed as @spkesDE says the data is not the same :face_with_monocle:

Open Meteo only refreshing every hour. So you wouldn’t benefit from a higher refresh rate.

1 Like

Test version 1.2.2 is live.

Changelog

• Added 16-day forecast support.
    It does not support all values for the full 16 days. In the setup, it is planned to filter out non-supported values.

@spkesDE

I like to mention i love data available !

However … there are no AND flows possible. Also using data in a SET VAR gives an error ( see screen below ). Usingv he data as a variable would solve … but again … i can not use itbin a set command

I like to use wind gusts in an AND form in an advanced flow. I can only use IF flows

Also removed and re-installed again. Did nit solve

Hey @Dennis_H74

First of all, thank you for using my app.
This flow is broken, as you can see, there is a tag missing.

You can use logic cards for AND.

Maybe a dutch user can help you future, since I don’t get totally your question.

Test version v1.3.0 is now live!

Added support for Air Quality
→ Currently, you have to re-add your device. I’ll try to build a “repair” function where you can change your chosen weather variables on the fly!

@spkesDE

Danke ! :slight_smile:

I totally missed the error tag ( i thought i removed that … but clearly overlooked ).
BEcause of that i was not able to set new VARS … so hence my confusion :slight_smile:

It now is working perfectly with a VAR.
However it would be more clear and nicer if you can add “and” flows in the future . Its more clear … less messing with setting VARS etc etc.
But that is my personal oppinion ( again … its working with VARS also )

Your app is the only app that shows the most accurate data ( max temp for example … and wind gusts ) … so i like it a lot ! Keep up the good work !! :+1: :+1: :+1:

Test version v1.3.2 is now live!

• Added support for Air Quality
  • Added repair to device so you can change location, forecast and all weather variables
2 Likes

Will love that repair function !!

1 Like

Version v1.3.2 is now live!

• Added support for Air Quality
  • Added repair to device so you can change location, forecast and all weather variables
3 Likes