[APP][Pro] Flipr - Finally enjoy your swimming pool

logo-flipr-new-xs.png

Flipr for Homey

App Store Page: https://homey.app/a/com.goflipr

Description

Flipr will monitor your pool/spa.

How much time and money are you wasting looking after your pool?

Flipr helps you finally enjoy your swimming pool, without thinking about maintenance.

Instructions

Add the device as you would add any device to Homey. A polling frequency of 15 minutes is used to update the status of the device in Homey (like what is the current pH value) based on the actual status of the device.

Donations

I enjoy creating apps for Homey and try to support them as best as I can. If you enjoy using my apps a donation in return for the time I put into this is much appreciated.

3 Likes

Hello
Thanks for the hardwork.
I am facing an issue trying to connect : I get a “wrong username or password” error.
Am I missing something?
Thanks

It looks like you are using an incorrect username and/or password.

You could try to reset your password at Flipr.

Looks to be interesting device, a pitty it’s not available on Amazon :frowning:

Man, What are you saying? Check Amazon.com and you will find it there.

OK, so let me correct myself :

Not available :

also not available on Amazon global (which was actually what I meant)

Found the issue : special characters in my password

Thank you for the app, it works perfectly !

Hi, This is vague,

There are tons of different Flipr on sale,
the Controlr seems now to have a long distance Wifi feature, but i understood it comes with a monthly fee
But i guess i need the one with the controler: AnalysR and ControlR bundle

Hi,

Nice App, thank you @evdpol !

There are 2 options that makes default for me :

• Hability to return mesured temperature as a sensor (usefull for Alexa for example)
  • Taking control of ControlR linked to the AnalysR

Btw, as it, it’s usefull for all the function already included, thank you !

SoPhos

Hi Serge,

You are welcome! :slight_smile:

What do you mean exactly? The temperature is available as a tag in Homey and can be used in other flows.

I have a login which doesn’t have the ControlR. If you would like to provide your login credentials via a personal message, maybe I can figure something out.

– Edwin

Hello all,

Some news from the comptability of ControlR? can we take the control of ControlR via Homey pro?

Thank you

Hi there,

No, there is’t unfortunately. I do not own the devices myself, and I haven’t received login credentials to an account that does.

– Edwin

Hi evdpol,

I found pitty an App marked as ‘Official’ does not include all basic functions because you don’t own the device.
You already asked before for credentials but we can understand nobody feels free to communicate them, as there is a real swiming pool behind !

Maybe you could ask Flipr to send you one ControlR for their device to be integrated for Homey owners ?

Regards,
SoPhos

The ‘Official’ label has been removed from the app.

I get it that some people are hesitant to share their credentials, but I have done integrations which have a lot more ‘behind’ it, for instance Smappee which I do not own aswell.

In the end, it is all about trust