Xiaomi Mi Roborock S50 vacuum cleaner token

I managed to retreive my token but was unable to add a device "could not connect to device, handshake timeout"

( I used the non-jailbroken iphone backup method )
make sure u use the xiaomi mihome app on your phone (other wise install it and complete the wifi setup) )

1 Like

I was using the dedicated Roborock app to control S6, then installed Mi Home (iOS) app to setup this procedure (to link to Homey) which worked. However, unless different for others, you need to forgo using the Roborock (iOS) app as it loses connection to device after re-registering with the Mi Home (iOS) app. If you re-register the S6 to Roborock app after this procedure it, it now drops out of the Mi Home (iOS) app and stops working in Homey. From what I can tell, you need to exclusively use the Mi Home (iOS) app if you want to have integration with Homey.

Have others experienced this as well?

CC/ @Eternity @willumpie

1 Like

I have the same problem, dont know why it dont work anymore. Om using Android device and my girlfirend is using Apple device. I cant connect with homey anymore, it has working perfekt since nov to last week.

I have dropped integration with Homey and use the Xiaomi App with a schedule to control the S5.

The Mi Home token still appears to work (get green ok, but no voice response from vacuum) if I re-setup homey after reverting to Roborock (iOS) app, but the vacuum doesnā€™t respond to commands or state within Homey or Mi Home (iOS).

For me, it worked just fine until the Homey was updated to the (experimental) software version 4.
Once on version 4, I cannot connect anymore.
Can anyone confirm their software version?

I gave up on Homey integration, Iā€™ll use the Roborock app for the time being

1 Like

My Roborock S50 still working fine with Homey version 4.0.0-rc.6
Use zone cleanup with Homey flows every day.
Version of Xiaomi Home app is V4.25.2

Old discussion, but anyway. I just bought an S6 two days ago. Iā€™m using apple so getting the token is a bit awkward. I therefore thought Iā€™d request it from Xiaomi. However by going into the privacy menu, it says no information stored. Could this be because their servers havenā€™t been updated yet since I only registered the product two days ago?

Privacy information resolved. The device and information appeared after 4 days. Now possible to ask for token

Hi.
Also using Apple. Also bought an Roborock S6 a couple of days ago.
I can see in appstore there is two apps. ā€œMi Homeā€ and ā€œRoborockā€.
Dont use any other things in Xiaomi ecosystem, so the Roborock app seems to fit me better.
Seems never, and when goole:ing it people seems to thing that is the way to go forward, as there are a lot of development on it.
Have you @ToreL or any one else used the Roborock app, or do i need to use the Mi Home app on the iPhone to be able to att connection with Homey?
/Stefan

I havenā€™t doen a comparison between the two apps. Iā€™m using the Xiaomi one. Both seems to have been updated quite frequently. From the pictures in the App Store, there seems to be some difference, but havenā€™t investigated further.

However, the files do not contain any token

Works like a charm. First I had some trouble downloading the app on a android device, downloading it and uploading it to my nas with a laptop and downloading it from there did the trick (donā€™t ask me why :))

Now I can control the vacuum cleaner from my homey :smiley:
Nice that the homey also knows the state of the robot!

Wich firmware do you guys use?
I got my token and want to use xvacum on android.

I tried to flash Valetudo on my S50 but the firmware does not upload.

I use the original firmware. No need to flash any custom firmware

Hey!
Could you elaborate on how you do this? I canā€™t find the token (or a way to request it) anywhere in the xi home app. Thanks

Use the modified app as explained in:

Hey! But isnā€™t that just for android? I run iOS.

Ah, sorry. If so, you are f*cked :slight_smile:
Try lending an android phone. On iPhone itā€™s just to complicatedā€¦ (need jailbreak)

1 Like