While a window is opened then Thermostat off

I have not a Tado but the principle is the same , i think.

I have made several flows that just put the setpoint of the thermostat to 15 degrees if a window/ door sensor opens for longer then 5 min.

In normal situation this means that the heating stops.

If door or Window closes then heating wil start automatically depending on movements and time of day.

Ok Thanks. But my question was how to automatically disable the heating set when windows close if it is not heating season (e.g. May - Sept). I dont want to send the heating schedule to the thermostates when windows closes in summer time.

I am thking about a global variable “Heatig Season” = true/false and then check this variable in the flow.

Any other ideas ?

Regards,
Uli

The flow from @seiko to stop heating is only running when the heating is working i think.
When the heating is not working he have to stop nothing. You don’t send then something, at that moment nothing happens.
WHEN door/window open
AND heating is on
THEN stop heating.

If the heating is of nothing happens.

Or what doe you mean exactly? For me it is not clear.

I do not really understand why you worry about the heating season. I lower the desired temp and set it back. This desired temp is true in any season, and the heater won’t do anything of it’s too hot outside.

But if you think it is of any use, why not simply put a month range test in all the flows? There’s a “month is between” test in the date/time cards.

Better yet, I would let the flows react to the outside temperature if you don’t want the flow to trigger when it’s hot outside, and not just assume it’s hot outside the heating season.

You can use a flow card to disable some of the flows when the window closes, and enable them again when the window opens. I use this a lot for start/end type flows where the end flow should not trigger unless the start action was performed beforehand.

it would be interesting to be able to do what you say but how do you say ‘drops 0.3 in 5 minutes’? I have a netatmo and the flow cards only allow you to see if the temperature has changed, if it drops, or if it rises.

I am experiencing strange behavior with Netatmo valves and window alarm. I have a simple flow which sets low temperature on the valve, when alarm is triggered (~window is open). However, this setting seems to time out after about 2 and half hours, reverting back to original program. This causes excessive heating with open window during night. Anyone experienced this? Is there a way to set this kind of time out or rather switch it off completele a let me steer it?
Screenshot 2022-12-08 085800
Screenshot 2022-12-08 090115

@arvi
Isn’t there a card with “the alarm is on”?
So when after 2,5 hours the temp changes you get something like
IF temp changens
AND alarm is on
THEN set temp to…

Had a similar behaviour, then I’ve figured out that my Netatmo schedule would override the valve temp setting. Now when a window is open, I just use “Set mode to Away” instead of a specific temperature. When mode is to away, the Netatmo schedule does not override it.

1 Like

Unfortunately not, there are just cards with events triggered, not staying in that specific state

Would not this set Away for the whole household?

I think I found the solution - manual mode duration was set to 3 hours. I changed the default setting to 12 hours. Still it was behaving strange, so I disabled the auto adjust and now it seems to be working fine. However I still need to monitor, whether program changes actually cancels the manual settings. Because I want temperature to change e.g. every morning at 7, but at the same time I don’t close the windows at exact time as to have the default manual mode duration set to specific length.

@arvi What brand of type door sensor are you using?

Aqara

@arvi
From the Aqara app.

Strange…

@arvi
Do you look at the AND cards and not IF?