Which RFID Tag reader / securitycode keypad to use

Hi,

I am looking for a keypad that has a RFID tag reader and also accepts a 4-6 digit code.
I want to use this for setting/disarming the alarm built with Homey.

I also want to be able to see in Homey which person or which tag/code was used to disarm the alarm.

The Benext is not available anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hello,

I’m using the Zipato WT-IRFID-EU

That one actually is the same as the Benext (rebranded??).
I think the Zipato keypad also is not available at the moment/anymore.
In Robbshop it even says EOL.

Hello,

I built my own solution based om m5Stack and MQTT. Connect to Homey and Home Assistant. M5stack with face and RFID reader cost aprox 50,00 euro.

The entire project, including a manual is on GitHub

Gr. Remco

Sorry, in France we can still find it in few online shops
https://www.espace-domotique.fr/fr/recherche?controller=search&orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=zipato+rfid&submit_search=

@rhannink
Your solution only accepts RFID tags and there is no possibility to enter a security code to disarm the alarm, am I right?

@Sylv1
Unfortunately I cannot order the Zipato keypad at the store you bought yours. It does not ship to the Netherlands. And because it probably is End Of Line I think it is better not to buy, one just in case I get problems in the next 2 years. I’m not sure w.r.t. warranty if they can fix it or ship a new one if it can’t be fixed.

You’re right, sorry it wasn’t helpful…

@Jos_Stultjens,

That correct, I only use RFID keyfob, smartcards or stickers to disarm the alarm. You could use the 3 buttons to enter a pincode, or you could replace teh RFID reader below the screen for a numeriek keypad. Both is not possible.

Gr. Remco

No problem, all suggestions are welcome.

If you don’t want a DIY Solder/program solution, look at this
Just combine two cheap parts (available from anywhere) and you got a RFID/Keypad zwave solution.

Link to manual

Gr. Remco

I have talked to a Robbshop employee about that solution, but, using the Firbaro smart implant, it only can set the alarm and disarm the alarm when the code/tag is accepted
It does not share the code or RFID tag ID with Homey, so I cannot determine who disarmed the alarm.

Did you ever get a useful solution to this? I got really excited by the Frient Zigbee keypad but it doesn’t appear to be support by the Frient app.?

Eventually I bought a (Cheap AliExpress) RFID keypad with a Fibaro smart implant, because at that moment there were no RFID keypads with code and smarthome integrations possibilities. With integration I mean that I wanted to know WHO switched off the alarm. By using the Fibaro smart implant I only know somebody with a RFiD tag or code has switched off the alarm. I do not get the code or RFID token who switched it off.

Also the code which can be used at the keypad is not what I expected. I thought, besides the RFID tag, I could use a 4 or 5-digit code, but for this keypad, the 4 digit user sequence needs to be entered followed by the 4 digit code. So in total 8 digits need to be entered. (00013518 0001 is user 1 3518 is the code) This is not user friendly.
Another issue is that I have no indication that shows if the alarm is switched on or off.

I am still looking for a better solution, so maybe indeed the Frient keypad is a good one. I looked at their website, but it is not yet shown.

FYI: I bought a keypad similar to THIS one

Ah, I had looked at those too and was considering it, so thank you very much for the feedback.

It does seem odd that there isn’t yet a device that does what we need on either Zigbee or Z-wave, so I guess we’ll have to wait for the Frient integration

FYI, at the moment the best solution I have found (which is very reliable) is to use Better Presence app to detect when a known user enters the house (or enters the WiFi network) and I switch off the alarm then. I don’t use this for detecting absence and setting the alarm though.

The other option I tried is using an Aotec Wallmote as a pseudo number pad and then it’s a matter of coding flows to recognise a keypad sequence

I also looked in the possibility of switching on/off via Mobile Phone detection (WiFi connect on Unify access points) BUT My mother has an old-fashioned (non smart) phone. My Wife and also kids do not always take their phone when they go to the gym, and at night sometimes switch to airplane mode.
So mobile phone detection is not an option for me.

There was a keypad that could fit my needs: “BeNext Keypad RFID Reader Z-Wave Plus” but this is EOL and not for sale anymore sine quite some time.

You could send a PM to @TedTolboom to ask if he has intentions to include the Frient keypad in the Frient app.

I saw the keypad already is available at Robbshop.nl Link

Hello, I am facing the same issues with the need of a access control with a badge and a code. I’ve found an item from Isurpass but is isn’t compatible with Homey.
Here is the link.

I wish I knew how to program. If any app developer is willing to try, I can pay for the device and send it to him. Thanx.

This is the right place to ask other community members and developers if someone is willing to develop an app.

ring keypad v2 is the best. also perfectly functional with heimdall