Virtual Parallel

Hello everyone, I’m new here at homey. I have a homey pro 2023 and I’m having trouble making a virtual parallel. Can anyone help me?

I just wonder, what is a virtual parallel in your opinion?

1 Like

True, as I understand everything in Homey is virtual parallel, even if you write different cards one below or after (advanced flow) an other they do not wait for the others. So if needed, it is much more difficult to force serial flows.

I will try to explain my situation. In my living room I have a point with a smart switch that activates a lamp through a physical switch. In another part of the room I have another smart switch that is also connected to a physical switch, but without the light bulb. The idea is, when I activate this smart switch that does not have the light bulb installed, it would activate the smart switch with the light bulb installed and vice versa. I don’t know if I was very clear in my explanation, but I hope you understand and can help me.

Probably you use the word switch for sensor and for actuator, a smart pus button and a smart wall outlet for example. A very common language problem.

From your description it looks too simple:

WHEN smartswitch1 is switched on
THEN set smartswitch2 to on

I had done it as follows.

WHEN smartswitch1 is switched off
THEN set smartswitch2 to off

WHEN smartswitch2 is switched on
THEN set smartswitch1 to on
WHEN smartswitch2 is switched off
THEN set smartswitch1 to off

But the lamp turns on and off in a loop.

These are 4 normal flows I suppose?
I don’t see the loop yet, but add an extra condition like:

AND smartswitch 2 is off

Etc…

This is because you trigger the other button, which triggers the first button. :slight_smile:
This will create an infinit loop. Why the lamp is blinking might be that your flow does not look exactly as you describe? Maybe you have a on instead of off somewhere?

Do like this:

You do not need this as switch 1 turns on the lamp.
WHEN smartswitch1 is switched off

Keep this
WHEN smartswitch2 is switched on
THEN set smartswitch1 to on
WHEN smartswitch2 is switched off
THEN set smartswitch1 to off

My solution expects that switch 2 has two buttons.
If only one button you need to check state of switch 1.

If switch 2 is pressed and switch 1 is on, then turn off switch 1, else turn on switch 1. Or use toggle switch card.

@Marcelo_Leite

The people that responded to your request for help would appreciate if you give your feedback or simply say thank you…

2 Likes