Variable stops working

Hello all. Anyone experienced that you have had a variable that stops working. I have a couple of variable that just shows “gray 42”. Then i could just make a New variable and use it the same place and it will work

I don’t understand what you mean with “gray 42”? Is that the variable name, or value shown in the app? I never experienced this issue before

Variables don’t stop working (using several Homeys for 6y now).

When they show a light gray colored value of 42, it means it’s value is empty; somehow it got deleted by one or some of your own flow(s).
(https://www.ecosia.org/search?q=what+does+42+mean)

Or,
probably you look at the example values of variables? Just ignore these.

The actual value of variables can be viewed per mobile app at ...More > Variables

and per web app:

This happens, when no value or an invalid value has been assigned to a variable. Set it to a valid value (e.g. 1 for a numeric variable) and it will show that value instead of the gray 42.