Use soundboard file to cast to Google Home

Why is that file treated like a video by the browser even though it has the ending mp3?
Maybe the file is defect for some reason?

That error is also returned when the file is not found. Are you sure the url is “http://192.168.1.19:5080/mp3/Blaffende%20hond.mp3” and not “http://192.168.1.19:5080/Blaffende%20hond.mp3” (so minus the /mp3/ sub-directory)?

And for my next related use-case: I want to sound the doorbell even when the chromecast is casting at that moment (e.g. spotify or tunein). But when I cast the mp3, the original casting stops. Is there any way to restore the original casting? In the tags only the artist and song is saved, but not the active medium (e.g. spotify or tunein) nor the given voice command, artist or playlist. Has anyone a solution for this?

1 Like

No. This is a limitation of the chromecast ecosystem. “Last man standing” wins.

No. I tried also without the /mp3 and it doesn’t work.
Thx for looking.

Maybe try to upload a new mp3 file. Make sure the file works and has the correct max size. Also make sure the file has no capitals and no spaces in the name.

It has been a long time, but I picked this thing up totday. Just wanted to let you know that you were right. Set the volume to 0 (do not mute), cast a audio URL (this is working again since the last Chromecast update on Homey) and quickly cast the volume to whatever you want. With the right timing the short casting bleep is not noticable anymore.

Thank you.

1 Like

hi
i install the micro web server on my homey
but i try to connect to my ftp server so i can upload the mp3 file.
i am able to connect to the server but i cant open folders and create or copy any files to the server

i added photo of what i wrote in the ftp client app

this is the error i get if i try to do any action

Use FileZilla for this, that works. WinSCP does not work here.

i try with file zilla also but get:

Error, could not connect to server
this is what i wrote in file zilla

i also try to use flashfxp
i am able to connect but i get list error
as show here

This part looks fishy:
Not sure where this -al comes from. My filezilla does not do that :smiley:

lol i guss u right but i dont know what to do
in file zilla i cant connect at all
in flash fxp it says that i uploaded the file but i cant see in the list or somting
and even if try to activate it from homey i get another error

Use the Cast Website flowcard instead. This is a known issue regarding the Chromecast app in combination with the WebServer app. Never found out why this happens. It used to work before one of the updates of the Chromecast app.

ok now according to homey it is start and finished ok (if i do cast website)
but no file actually play…

how can i know if the file uploaded successfully?

as u see in the pic, i get file uploaded successfully but i cant see it…

hmm… I am still wondering about the error message. I just tried to reproduce what your log shows. And it does also work with options after the LIST command. I would suspect that the data store was not initialized correctly. Can you try restarting the WebServer app and then try connect with filezilla again?

If the error message persists. Go into the Homey app → More → Apps → Micro WebServer → Small Gear Icon → Generate Diagnostic Report
Then I will have a look at the app log for you. Maybe I can see something there.

I created diagnostic report

dd2ec3c7-93e8-4fcf-8d69-7409df467340

This will help?

Will check, give me a moment

1 Like

i just try with another file and it worked completely!!
maybe a big file problem or something
but now it works ! thanks a lot for all the help !

1 Like

That’s strange. Well. I see some errors related to the connection but I cannot make any sense out of them. How large was the file you tried to upload?