Use Google home to set home away status Homey

At this moment the home / away function of Homey is broken. The issue has been reported by several users to homey, until then you will need to set the status of your homey manually to home / away or use third party solutions as Tado Zones from the community store.

I may have found another workaround using Google Home. For the workaround you will need Google Home App and have it correctly setup to use the Home and Away function within Google Home.

Disable Location function in Homey
Optional but as it’s broken I rather disable it for now.
Go into setting of Homey and toggle off Location.

Install the App Device Capabilities
From Homey go to your devices and install the App Device Capabilities
Go to Sjabloon and select On Off switch with default flowcards
Give the device a name I named mine: Home Away Switch
Press Use this Template
Press Ready
A new Device Home Away Switch is added to Homey devices
If required move the device to a zone

Synchronize Homey with Google Home
If sync is setup your device should be available in Google home, if not yell at your Google Home: Hey Google synchronize devices.

Setup Google Home Routines
Go to Routines

Open Home routine, as a starter make sure it has use location detection when someone comes home, optional add a voice command. Now go to the action and select Home Away Switch, press next and select turn on / off and set the slider at On. Press add action, and save the routine.

Go to the Away routine, as a starter make sure it has use location detection when someone goes away, optional add a voice command. Add a action and select Home Away Switch, press next, enable turn on / off and select off, press add action, save the routine.

Homey Flows
Go to the Homey App flows section

Away Flow
IF: Device Capabilities, Home Away Switch, Off
Then: add flows card what you would like to do with devices when you leave home

Home Flow
IF: Device Capabilities, Home Away Switch, On
Then: add flows card what you would like to do with devices when you are coming home

Test Google Home
Go To the Google Home App
Manual change your location in Google Home App to away
If working your home status should be away and should have run the away flow.

Manual change your location in Google Home App to home
If working your home status should be away and should have run the home flow.

I installed the last iOS update today (16.4.1) and after that my home and away status started to work great. I only need to figure out how to tweek the distance from my home when it turns on/off. Now it is a couple of 100 meters. I would like it to be closer.