Trigger water sprinkler based on weather history last 14 days

I need your support to achieve a efficent flow for watering my garden.
Today I have a simple flow based on time, day and weather from SMHI. It works, but it only take into consideration that it’s not rain today. If it has been raining for 14 days I don’t need to start the water the first sunny day.
I also have in mind to use same logic but inverted for the lawnmower. If it has been sunny for weeks it doesn’t need to cut the grass as often as normal conditions.

I’m new into Homey and I don’t have skills for scripts, have some ideas how solve it with logics, but it will generate quite a few variables.

Any ideas how to do it?

1 Like

Advanced Scheduler App combined with Device capabilities app reading previous Insights data or maybe Insights reloaded and condition based on Trends?

1 Like

Thanks @Sharkys for a quick reply!

I will explore the possibilities with app “Insight Trends”.
When I quickly read about app “Device capabilities” it look like it only can grasp a certain value in time and not sum the values over a certain time period.

But there must be some people that have already resolved this in a easy way. Do you have some examples? Flows to share? Have you utilized the app “Insight Trends” or how did you do it?

You are right.

This is the easy way. :upside_down_face: Each of us have different use case, eg. I’m not using Insights trends to check whether it was raining or not - I’m checking actual state (eg. raining / put Worx Mower into party mode (do not mow) and if schedule is triggered (Advanced scheduler), then check the humidity, temperature etc.

It’s just to give you some idea, not ideal solution nor solution for your use case…

Thanks for sharing. Have in mind to do a similar setup with my Mower and also water sprinkler. But also include days with rain or without rain constrain to adjust frequency of trigger.

I have not really started to investigate how to resolve it, instead I asked community if someone already have a god setup for it that I could copy/paste.

So I’m thinking of following options:

1. Count days without rain and with rain. Something like this (sorry flows cards in Swedish):

2. Create a lot of logic values to store sum for each day that I than can use.

• Monday rain value
  • Tuesday rain value
  1. Insight trends (Have not looked into possibilities for this app yet)

What do you think? Which alternative is best? Do you have another better proposal?