Timers for Homey beta

I am a Wink user that became frustrated by the now 16 day outage of the Wink server and ordered a Homey Bridge that I have had for a few days. I have moved over most of my lights, which is a collection of Leviton in wall outlets and light switches. In setting up my first few flows to turn on lights as dusk etc. I am trying to set up a light that turns off automatically in my home office after 1 hour. Cannot find anything in the Flow tools that acts as a timer. I would rather not have to order a motion sensor to do this as it seems like a standard feature like on Wink. How else would you time a sprinkler or irrigation system? Help!

Welcome to the community,
At this time there are no Timers in the Homey beta afaik, except the timers in Zone activity.
So if a Zone becomes active by a motion or door sensor the zone becomes active trigger fires and there is a build in trigger to also trigger a couple of minutes after the zone becomes inactive.

I understand you have no option for a Homey Pro, but for now nothing I else know in the Homey beta.

What do you user if you have no motion sensors?

I do have motion sensors that I have not moved over from the Wink controller yet as I have to figure out how to include in the Homey system.
This office does not have a motion sensor. Besides, having a timer seems like a very basic function of any type of automation system! Microwaves have timers. Toasters have timers. Washing machines have timers. It’s so basic. If this is not an option I may have to move to SmartThings.

1 Like

In a flow you can turn a light ON and in the same flow you can turn it OFF with a delay of 60 Minutes.

3 Likes

Great idea! Did not think of that one. Thanks so much! Tried it and it works. It actually worked when turning on the light manually not just in flow.

2 Likes