Tibber should start Bosch Dishwasher

Hi People,

I try to create a Flow, that starts my Bosch Dishwasher when door is closed and the Tibber price will be the lowest the next twelve hours.

I‘m not clear about what happens or what triggers the Flow.

Current setup is:

• when Door is closed
  • and Current price is at its lowest among the next 12 hrs.
  • then start program Auto 2
  • send a push notification

So if I close the door and the current price is NOT at its lowest… i expect that the flow will not start?? Or will the flow get back a Time, when the price will be at its lowest the next 12 hours and will start then?

I‘m confused…

Björn

And what happens when you switch the first two cards?
So he then he knows when the lowest price is, let’s say 13:05. Store that value in a start flow.
When it is 13:05, and the door is closed, then…

Just an idea.
I don’t use the lowest price and don’t have a smart dishwasher.

1 Like

I don’t use the “Day-Ahead E Prices” myself, but I guess these 2 flows will work.

When you close the door

When…
– The contact alarm turned off
And…
– The price is lowest for the next 8 hours (12 isn’t possible) *1
Then…
– Start program Auto 2
– Send push notification

When the door is already closed

When…
– The price has changed
And…
– The price is lowest for the next 8 hours (12 isn’t possible) *1
– The contact alarm is off
Then…
– Start program Auto 2
– Send push notification

*1 I would choose the time as long as the wash program takes, plus 1 hour.

1 Like

Thanks to all so far.

The first flow seems to work. But is there a explanation, what the outputs of the Tibber cards is? I‘ve found nothing yet in tibbers API description.

Ah sorry, I thought you’re using the Power by the Hour app with prices from Tibber. I don’t know the Tibber app so I’m not able to answer your question, sorry.

1 Like

If i understand you correctly, use a logic card.

I assume the flow worked since the price was already at the lowest. If it wherent at its lowest, your flow would have stopped, and would not start again until you yet again closed the door.

In your current setup, the Flow to start your Bosch Dishwasher is triggered when the door is closed and the Tibber electricity price is at its lowest among the next 12 hours. If you close the door and the current price is not at its lowest, the Flow will not initiate. It does not automatically delay the start based on predicting when the price will be lowest within the next 12 hours.

The condition “and Current price is at its lowest among the next 12 hrs” means that the Flow will only proceed if the price is currently at its lowest within the specified time frame. If the condition is not met at the moment of door closure, the Flow won’t start, and you may need to manually initiate it when the conditions are met.

I just saw this thread and I thought it might be a bit more complex than most of you think. If you start anything “And if the tibber price the the lowest of the next 12 hours”, it only might start a few days later in case prices drop for a longer time slowly.

So my solution would look like this:

When the dishwasher’s door is closed you tell homey that it should start in (about) 12 hours at latest.
And whenever the the price changes and it is the lowest in the time range until the latest time, the dishwasher will start.
If the price is not the lowest, wait an hour and reduce the remaining time by 1 hour.
Usually the latest, when the remaining hour is one the dishwasher should start. To be on the safe side the machine starts also when the remaining time drops to zero (or below) for the first time.
The downside of this solution is that the process is triggered every hour, even when the dishwasher is running or not filled enough for a few days.
If you want to avoid this you can put the process in two different flows and the hourly check is disabled, when the dishwasher starts, and enabled, when the door is closed.
I still have an issue with the “door closed” trigger as my dishwasher is always closed to avoid smell etc. But it works with any trigger and any possible switch on/off card your dishwasher/washing machine/car loader/etc. has.
Especially with my dishwasher it runs about 3.5 hours with a peak of power usage in the beginning to heat up the water and another peak at the end, when it dries the dishes. That is why I still do it by hand.
When the dishwasher is filled I check the prices and enter a useful offset to start the machine.

This is the flow I have been using for a few years already. Works well with my Bosch dishwasher. PBTH triggers on the lowest AVERAGE price for 2 hours, since that is how long a program can take. The flow also makes sure that the program is always ready before breakfast time, or before dinner time (depending when I filled up the dishwasher)

1 Like