The new Homey Pro — Ask Me Anything

So overheating after all ? But you said you turn it off for hour and then you tried…and it was still not booting successfully. Interesting.

agreed but I am just happy it works - I am in contact with athom just reacted out to Emile

1 Like

So the best place to store the new Homey is in the fridge? Very very strange

Yep, for now…because HP2023 in some cases runs on 300%…with that load, naturally the CPU is capped on max and also producing a lot of heat…

Well, the software is RC = release candidate. I will not start using mine until it is released.

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Best way to set up matter devices

I am quite sure the Homey app market will not die. And I am also quite sure that Matter will not take over the smarthome market. It will be a new protocol slowly growing and coexisting with Zigbee, Z-Wave, etc.

2 Likes

Today I read this on the development blog:

Migration
I’m not sure if I mentioned it before, but the migration software is now finished, so you can easily transfer your old Homey/Homey Pro settings to Homey Pro (Early 2023).

Does this mean the problems with migrating zigbee ( chip difference) are solved now ?

I’ve asked the same question to Athom directly, but have yet to receive an answer.
But to be honest, that probably will never be fixed without repairing, like it was before this blog post.

11 Likes

In reality since this comic was produced quite some years ago:

Situation: There are 22 competing standards…

:joy:

12 Likes

Hello, I’m thinking about buying the new Homey, just because of the speed of loading the app.
Is this faster with the new Homey? I have an iPhone 13 pro so the hardware shouldn’t be a problem.

It depends, if your setup is less then 50 apps and 200 devices (approximately), it probably will be faster. Otherwise not yet… it’s even not usable for bigger smarthomes.

the funny part is that the old RTS protocol from Somfy is working anytime & all the time. Zigbee, Z-wave, etc… we always struggle with vendors product & apps for basic inclusion. Actually with HP EA2023, I decided to restart from scratch. Trying to include again a Fibaro Wall plug for energy metering, you are suppose to press quickly 3 times on the on/off button… good luck when you succeed ! I guess Mater, etc… will add a new one at this long list.

1 Like

Just for the info, I’ve added at least 10 fibaro products on homey 2023. (Wall plug included). It was easy to add them, but it was necessary (for me) to ‘reset’ the plugs first. All plugs where included on the other side of the house.

I did the reset & i am following the inclusion procedure using the B button & quickly triple click on it which turn off the plug… :smiling_face_with_tear:

Interesting. In my case, when pressing too fast, it was not working. It was like 3 pushes in ~ 2 seconds. Maybe that this will help?

Thank you for the info. I will try again and again and again… I also used the Nodon Wall Plug Z-Wave without any issue. I also try recently the NOUS wall plug zigbee but no application to report the energy usage on HomeyPro… maybe sometimes…

Strange. Maybe that it helps to ‘reboot the network’?
In the past, it helps me to cut of the power of the house (all the 230 powered devices included) for 10 seconds (homey included) and try it again after a full reboot of homey?

I just added it recently as it decided to leave my ZWave network - added without problem. Indded pressing tripple time the buton twice works. There are two variants though, I was directly using the one wirh ZWave plus, but maybe you have the older version?