Switching from Domoticz to Homey

• These are the automations that I currently have in Domoticz or I would like to be able to do to start with:

• If a specific scene is switched on (for example when everyone is away from home): get a notification if movement is detected

Yes. You could create flows for that, or use the Heimdall app f.i. It works like an alarm system.

• If a powerplug is switched on, have it switch of after an hour. Or if the device connected to a power plug consumes more than x Watt switch it of after an hour it first came above that value

Yes

the or question:
Also yes, IF the powerplug has a power meter function with a compatible app for it. Tuya cloud wifi can’t deal with the power metering feature of smart plugs.

• If a specific scene is enabled (for example) we are at home or we went to bed, depending on the illumination, if movement is detected switch on a light for a specific period. Currently I determine if a scene is active by having a dummy switch with almost the same name. How would I handle scenes in Homey?

All this is possible.
There are loads of examples on the forum. If you can’t find one, just ask

• In case of notification of smoke or movement I would really like to be able to create one script that is triggered if one of the many smoke detectors detects smoke or one of the multisensors detects movement and then just sends a notification like:“Smoke is detected by [tag to triggering smoke detector]” or “Movement is detected by [tag of multisensor triggered by the movement]”. Would that be possible or do I have to write a flow for every smoke detector and for every multi sensor?

I’ve a script for that (in Dutch), not sure if it works with smoke detectors also.
Again the Heimdall app can come in handy.

• Does Homey support increasing the dim level from 0% to 100% (for example) over a set period of time?

No and yes. It cannot be done very fast. Like from 0 to 1 (0% to 100%) in 5 seconds is probably not working, or very not smooth :sweat_smile:
Some folks use Hue bridge for those fx.
But a wake-up light is doable, like from 0 to 1 in 45 mins using 45 steps.
The app ‘Chronograph’ can do this (along with timers and stopwatches), or the app ‘Transitions’

• I have my desktop PC, monitors, printer and amplifier connected to a Greenwave 6 node power node. I want to switch it off only if the desktop is switched off (so using for example less than 20 Watt). Is that possible?

Yes
In the app store, you can view the available flow cards for devices.

1 Like