Switchbot app missing token after month using the app

switchbot app 1,4 on homey pro latest version . i cant see where i have to add te missing token. in the app setings i only see log possibilities which aint working because of the missing token.

When that makes no sense, better ask in the app topic:

Where to find this info:
App support and/or forum links are present at the bottom of app store pages (if provided for).

I only see this in configure app. Where to paste the token

Euh…

:wink:

As the new version uses OAuth2 to login, you no longer need to copy a token from the SwitchBot app. So, if you have the error coming up saying it has a missing token then try to user the repair option on one of the devices. That should walk you through the login procedure again to obtain a new token.
It appears that SwitchBot are not renewing the refresh token as part of fetching a new access token and it only last for 1 month. Therefore, I think the devices will need to be repaired every month. I will ask my contact if this can be changed as it is not very convenient.

2 Likes

@Adrian_Rockall thanks for the constructive post, that worked.

1 Like

Any news on fixing this monthly renewal? It is very annoying and bad for the wife-acceptance-factor (and my personal annoyance factor also :wink:)…

Sadly, no good news for this yet. I will chase up my contact again.

Also not good for male partner-acceptance factor

I have had confirmation from my contact at SwitchBot that the token will now last 1 year. You might require one more repair to replace the old 1 month token with a new 1 year token.

2 Likes