Stop flow

I have made a flow that warns to take medicine. It makes Homey say take your medicine and also lets the ledring flash for an hour and sends a message tot the phone and after an hour another message.

Is there way that when the medicine is taken the flow can be stopped in a way that the ledring reverts to default and the second message isn’t send?

Of course. But to stop the flow an action must be taken, e.g. a button must be pressed. Maybe it is also possible with Alexa or Google TTS, but I am not familiar with that.

Please post your flow. Then it is easier to modify it or create another flow.

A button will be fine. I have a z-wave switch van Robbshop. Here is the flow

You need a second flow.

If…

• Button was pressed

Then…

• Deactivate the flow “take medicine”
  • Activate (do not start!) the flow “Take medicine” after e.g. 60 seconds

I am not sure if it really works, if Homey stops glowing and the second message is not sent.
If it doesn’t work we have to change the first flow a bit and also the second flow.
What should the LED ring of Homey do when the flow is stopped? You write that the LED-Ring should go to the default state. What is the initial state for you? For me it is off.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

1 Like

It doesn’t work. Led ring stays pulsing. The default led ring setting for me is screensaver spectrum.

Ok, then you have to insert the following command between the two commands (Disable / Enable)

• LED-Ring -> Set Screen Saver -> Spectrum

Just on the edge.
A flow cannot be stopped. A flow that contains delayed actions runs until the end, even if it is deactivated. Just restarting homey stops all running flows. Deactivating a flow only prevents the flow from being started again.
Homey also allows multiple instances of a flow to run simultaneously.

1 Like

Okay, good to know or I keep forgetting. Shame on me…
But you can “interrupt” the pulsing of the LED ring with a new command, right?
Then we have the problem of the second notification to the smartphone. We have to solve that with the chronograph app and variables if necessary.

You can solve that with extra flows, too.

Current flow, instead of:
“after X minutes repeat reminder”
Use “after X minutes, run flow 1”

Flow 1 =
When: this flow is started
And: “medication taken?” value is “no”
Then: “repeat reminder”

Flow 2 =
When: button pressed
Then:
set LED ring to normal
set “medication taken?” logic value to “yes”
After X time, set “medication taken?” logic value back to “no”

There might be a more straightforward way to do it but this seems like it’d work.

Thats too bad a flow can’t be stopped. The interupting of the ledring can’t be stopped. It stays pulsing even if I add the card that should revert it to screensaver.

I will try what corry writes for the reminder.

Unfortunately, the LED ring is not set to its default setting. Probably there will be no solution for this either!?

Otherwise the flow works perfect!

Maybe you could work with a timer and a short repetition frequency (e.g. 1 minute). Then the LED ring would continue flashing for a maximum of one minute before returning to its default setting.

I have now create the flows as Cory described them and I think that will work. The led ring I worked around bt changing the screensaver to pulse. It will than start pulsing white and change as soon as spectrum is actived. I would like to change the color to red, but I guess this will do.

In my case the LED ring is still flashing, although the LED ring has already been set to default (off) by the 3rd flow.
I would be interested to know if it works for you.

I tried something. Now you need a total of 5 flows, but the LED ring is set back to the default setting after a relatively short time. The time depends on the time interval (chronograph app) in which the flow is repeated. In my opinion, an interval of 1 minute is okay.
Another advantage of this flow is that you can have further reminders sent to you at freely selectable intervals (interval of at least 1 minute) (see examples with 60 and 120 minutes in flow 4).
For the flow you also need the chronograph app and a numeric variable (e.g. Pil_Counter).

Maybe you would like to test this flow too… :man_shrugging:t4: