SSH Client

Hi,
I’m having some problems with sending commands to my raspberry pi. when i let the app send the “sudo shutdown -h now” the pi doesn’t seem to receive it and i know it used to work previously. When i connect with putty and send the command it does work, so i know its not a pi problem.
Is it possible some update broke something? I made a diagnostics report for the app: 0fab9f0b-6e1a-412e-8938-bd645dbd9a4a
Regards

Sending a sudo command can be a problem, as sudo generally requires user input.
The question would be if you could execute it without additional user input.

The log you submitted returns:
error: ‘Error: All configured authentication methods failed’.

This error you can also catch yourself (when ssh error received), so you can see the error that is returned.

Hi, I solved it by removing the pi and re-entering all the info. Why that didn’t work the first time i don’t know. But it is working again now. Thanks for the message!

1 Like

Hello, I tried to use this app, but I think I miss something in the configuration which report a client authentication error. I can’t find any instruction that can help to configure correctly this app.

My setup is a Yunohost server, and I tried to log a user that are ssh activate.

Here are an errors message that can maybe help

Failed publickey for nano25 from 192.168.10.254 port 57334 ssh2: RSA SHA256:i44>

For the password, do I need to enter something (my admin password)?

Thanks for yours help.

I still use this app for rebooting my raspberry pi. My question is if your planning to make it homey pro 2023 (SDKv3) compatible? That would be great.

@Some1
Are you planning to do a refactor to SDK3?

If not, please tell us so maybe we can take over?

Hope to hear from you,

Frank

2 Likes

Hello, any feedback on compatibility with Homey pro 2023?

A pull request is welcome,

I doubt I will have time to work on this in the next few months.

Thanks for your feedback.
Unfortunately I’am not developer, so I can’t contribute to the development of the update.
Sorry to hear that the application will not be updated for several months.

New SSH App is available which is compatble with the new homey.

4 Likes

Perfect !! Your app works like a charm. Thank you so much !

Simple SSH doesn’t seem to work at all (connections alarms on 2 servers, 1 router) on my Homey (Early 2019) running Homey 8.1.1.

I just tried the old SSH client and that is failing too with “Error: All configured authentication methods failed”.

EDIT: on my server I am getting;
error: kex_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host

That’s an other app
Support links to f.i. dedicated app forum topics, or Github/Bbucket issue tracker, are to be found below the review section at the app-store app pages.