Speakers in Homey APP

Hi

I have a Sonos SYMFONISK speaker from Ikea, I added it to Homey, but in the sections at the top of the application in “Speakers”, the application does not see it ;( Has anyone encountered this problem?

Can you please check the device class if the device in
https://tools.developer.homey.app/tools/devices

Only speaker and amplifier are shown on top of the device list (afaik). If the device has a wrong class, you can ask the developer.

Hm, speaker class should appear :man_shrugging:

I also have Symfonisk speakers and they appear correctly in the speakers section at the top of the devices tab on both iOS and MacOS (which I think is effectively the iPadOS app). So it’s not the Homey Sonos app itself I don’t think. Sounds more likely an issue with the Homey mobile app.

What platform are you using the Homey app on where you’re not seeing the speakers show up? Also, are you seeing the speakers section at the top show up but not include Symfonisk or are you not seeing the speakers section at all? If the latter, it might be the section is disabled in settings. Click on the … button, then settings to change that if so.

Failing all of the above, I am using the latest beta of the mobile app on iOS etc. No idea whether that makes a difference.

I see the “speakers” button but there is nothing in it. I use iPhone

Does the speaker have the needed capabilities in device details, like playing, volume etc.?

I think yes

I have an amplifier and the speaker button is not shown. And I can remember it was shown and working after Athom added the amplifier class. :thinking:

I askes Athom at Slack. For me it also lookm like a mobile app issue.

Seems not to affect Pro 2016-2019 (v12.0.1)

All my class “amplifier” and class “speaker” devices still appear in the “Speaker” button, nothing has changed since the class “amplifier” has been added.

Hey, I got info from Homey. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Homey application - it worked :wink:

1 Like