Sonos v6 only for S2, what about S1 Speakers?

My Play 1 work without any problem with v6.0.7. But I didn’t re-added them. Did you use the app v5.0.14 before or do you start with the v6.07?

I would be glad to hear that. I assumed that the Homey app communicates via the S2/S1 api with the Sonos devices. And you know that the Sonos S2 api is different from the S1 api. Could you elaborate how the homey app communicate with the Sonos devices? Or which source you are referring to, please.

THX

Do u remember how u added the devices to Homey?
Then u would know.

With other words, you have no idea?

Is that the way of telling u don’t remember how u added ur devices?

I am using Homey since 2018 so i did not start with the latest release.

I’ve noticed the Play 1 was marked with a red warning triangle. Hence I assumed the Play 1 wouldn’t function anymore so i removed them both.

Guess i was a bit to eager? I can’t re-add them cause both Play 1 are not discovered anymore.

Ur sure they was not added alr?

You can be sure I know how I add my devices but this was not the question.

I meant the technical level + interfaces and is it really not relevant if I use a S1 or S2 device?

But we can stop here because the discussion is leading in the wrong direction now.

Ok.

Also reminds me of an old topic way back.
So old news repeats itself.

They do not appear when i open the Sonos app on Homey

Looks like they do read along here:

“Note: Both Sonos S1 & S2 speakers are supported, but S1 has some limitations. For example, listeners can’t group players in an S1 system with players in an S2 system.”

2 Likes

Seems so :wink: :+1: