Sonos Say

Hey Joka,

That could very well be true.
I added the Announce(URL) action card, and added extra files in the node-api (to make sure not to mess with original Say) to handle the grouping, and indeed: the node-api has a different sayAll.
I use the normal Say and developed/checked that my (main) group is broken up correct and then reset correct after it (which also doesn’t work correct always yet, don’t know why, but if system is on mute it can break group).

I im going into Sonos Say right now to create an extra action card Announce All URL.

Wait… i read your message above again, and please confirm for me that you are talking about Send Announcement or Say Text.
Because Say Text i didn’t change anything on. The Send (URL) as Announcement i made for the Google Services App and that one works with groups.

Ill add both cards… SayAll and AnnounceAll.

LOL
And when developing i noticed that I broke Sonos Say functionality when improving the sourcecode structure. There was a All option in the old Sonos Say speaker list.
I just fixed it and updated it to the Repo of @Ludvig.

So you need to update from my repo XeroxQ/com.svipler.athom.sonos-say: Sonos Say Athom Homey App (github.com) or wait for Ludvig to updated it into his and to the Homey Community Store.

To be clear: You then have (again) an option in Say/SendUrl in the speaker list for All Speakers. Select that one to use the node-api version of SayAll/SayUrlAll.

1 Like