Show shutter position in symbol instead of W

I would like to see the shutter position as percent value besides the icons as ‘status indicator’. Today I can select between ‘Power’, ‘Energy’ and ‘None’. This belongs to webpage and app.

2 Likes

Can you start at the start of your story?
glazen-bol-2-1

For me it is 100% clear what @RalfW means. I would also like to see the percent values instead of the power or energy values in the device tile.

@Peter_Kawa, currently the original device tiles only have these two display options, or no display at all, at least on my Fibaro Walli Roller Shutter:

The possibility to see the percent value should be a build in function, and no need of a workaround with other apps like Device Capabilities resp. AVDs. I guess no one wants to have to install another app and add more (virtual) devices for this.
Btw, it’s the “Ideas & Suggestions” category.

While i totally 100% agree with you Dirk, but i guess we both know it might actually take a while for Athom to implement features like that, especially now that they are focused on the HP2023.

So, personally, im glad there is at least a functioning work around through an Advanced Virtual Device, with just a few Reflect settings, so users can achieve this kind of wishes, in stead of waiting a long time for Athom to implement it.

Well, it depends how much you want this. I personally do have AVDs that i modified to achieve this kind of devices, because sometimes, this is (currently) the only way to get what you want (and what should be possible by default but is not).

1 Like

Correct native supported would be great. Furthermore “Advanced Virtual Device” is not available in Cloud+Homey Bridge.
Probably it could be also great to have a direct push function. If the shutter is already in position open (100 %) then the button will direct close it to 0 % and vice versa. Of couse you could use a flow for this. You would save one click.

This is not Homey / Athom, but app related:

I have cheap ass Tuya curtain motors, and I can close curtains by push the tile to on, and open them by pushing it off.

You can make a request at the developer.
I still don’t know which app you’re talking about btw

The Android Homey app by Athom

It’s about what Device App!!

It’s a general wish/request according the Homey Smartphone App and the WebApp, it’s (yet) not device app specific.
The device tiles should be able to display the percentage value (beside W and kWh).
I don’t know what is not understandable about this.

1 Like

As capability, windowcoverings_set is used. It’s a numeric capability, but with GUI control “uiComponent”: “slider”

So it should be useable as indicator because it’s numeric. But it seems the app is filtering for capabilities shown in sensor view.

That means it needs a change for mobile app to choose also slider capabilities.

1 Like

Hey,

has someone of you already managed this topic in your homey?

Best

Jean

So, here we are, 10 months later. I’ve just acquired a Homey and I find myself in the same position as the OP.

Do we know if this excellent suggestion was ever accepted into the backlog by the dev team, or was it dismissed all together?

First of all, welcome to the Homey Community!

To make sure you are aware of the forum rules, please read the Welcome to the forum! post here.

This is a community forum. As said this needs to be changed by Athom.

Do we know if anyone has made a feature request at Athom for this?