Ring Security - Extend Heimdall with Ring Security products

Has anyone been able to add the contact and motion sensor gen2? Was able to add the keypad gen2.

Yes, I wrote support for it based on information send to me by people who do own these devices and they reported back the devices are working.
One thing though, you need the test version of the app to be able to use these devices.

If you plan to do disable permanent , can you make an option in settings to enable this ? Iā€™ve never hat any problems with this (probably older soft version)

1 Like

Please do not remove the ā€œUse Proximity Detectionā€ Setting or enforce ā€œNoā€œ in a future version. I used it now for month with absolutely not problems and I am very happy that the keys only light up, when I come close to the panel.

Thank you very much and also thank you for this great app!

1 Like

@DaneedeKruyff I have read this thread and I see there have been some trouble with the Ring Keypad V2 integration with Heimdall. I have a similar problem with my Ring Keypad V2 but not quite. Mine works perfectly until I restart my homey, then it freezes. It responds when I change the alarm state in Heimdall but not when I press any buttons. I have the proximity sensor off. How should I proceed with my trobleshooting?

Hard to say, on the one hand Iā€™d say it could be connected to routing in your z-wave network due to the issues arrising after booting Homey. At that time devices might loose routes and the z-wave network needs to rebuild. That however doesnā€™t explain why the keypad can receive but seems to not be sending.
How do you detrmine it freezes? And how does it recover (if it does)

I can enter the pin code and the lights goes on and indicates the last alarm state before freezing. But I am not able to arm the alarm or set it to partially armed if it froze in not armed. Same thing if it froze in armed then I am not able to disarm the alarm. It was frozen for 9 hours (night) and no one used during that time. But still in the morning I was not able to set it to disarm. Do you think it helps the problem with an z-wave range extender or not? I do not have very many z-wave units. Appearently it receives data when arming with flows and with the app manually. Do you want an diagnosticreport? It only recovers efter an reset and adding it to homey again

How long is the pin you are using? Iā€™ve been testing with 6 digits and never experienced what youā€™re describing.
Itā€™s hard to tell if you need a Z-Wave extender, if the Keypad is receiving information while it is frozen and the only wat to get it working again is to reset and re-add it Iā€™m wondering if thereā€™s anything wrong with the device itself.
In this case a Diagnostics Report isnā€™t of much help, the app just send information to Homey and Homey handles all Z-Wave related stuff.

With the new version, my Keypad v2 works flawlessly. No more freezes. Big thanks! :heart:

The latest update was on the 29th of november and it added some more devicetypes to the app. Plus, the app has no control whatsoever over the quality of the Z-Wave communication. So, Iā€™m happy itā€™s working for you but I doubt it has anything to do with an app update.

Proximity detection disabled by default could have been the solution for me. As I recall, I couldnā€™t disable it manually, maybe because the keypad were freezen at the time.

Hi!
My keypad is no longer counting down(no sound) as it did before. I use the v1 version.

Any tips?

Please stop and start both the Ring Security and Heimdall (assuming you use this) apps, wait a bit for them to be fully started.

Next perform the action you use to start the countdown and wait for at least the expected duration of the countdown.

Next please send me a diagnostics report from both apps and post the codes here please.

Done the restart without any difference.
It still does the countdown and saying ā€œarmedā€ after the 30 sec. But no sound when counting down.

cf929711-e556-4c67-a8cd-b0d7c8441001

08b175cf-8dfd-4517-a17e-37f35120572a

Ah, ok, didnā€™t get that from your earlier message. If the countdown actualy works then itā€™s most likely a volume setting.
Please look into the devices advanced settings and change the volume settings* and save them. Next try the countdown and see what happens (and if needed, revert back the volume change)
There are several volume settings, Iā€™m not sure which one is for the countdown and canā€™t look into that right now.

Can you tell me if the ledbar is showing the countdown?

Btw, the log you send it shows quite some Z-Wave error:
setIndicator error: Error: TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_NO_ACK
setIndicator error: Error: senddata_timeout
setIndicator error: Error: timeout
And again several more of these:
setIndicator error: Error: TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_NO_ACK

I suggest you look into your Z-Wave network, check the route from the keypad to homey etc.

Same here.when pressing the arm button, Heimdall reacts but on ring device No sound, no ledring count down, blue led.

Retried After restart both apps, diagnoses;
a59a2157-86f2-4e56-8ee6-0808312e565a

0056e38c-60ea-4342-b83a-c5b1be415d83

Thanks for the update. Sorry if Iā€™m a bit unclear. So the count down is active but there are no indications that itā€™s active, so no sound or light. When 30 sec is over the keypad says armed as normal. But during the countdown there are no sound or light indicators.

Just removed it and added it to Homey again but still
Does not work. Checked the sounds settings but everything looks fine.

Tried to add my keypad v2 and that one has a sound setting called ā€œannouncement audio volumeā€, but the v1 does not. However, I have a hard time getting the v2 one to work at all. Even with proximity of. So canā€™t test it right now. But will let it charge the battery to 100%

The same problem here with the V1 keypad! It does the countdown but without sound or indicators. But I found out that the sound now comes from the Homey itself! It seems like somehow the sound countdown is now set to pass via Homey and not via the keypad?!

I canā€™t find a fix for this, anybody else with a solution? Hope so, the V1 keypad and heimdall app used to work flawlessly!

I will look into it, there has not been an update of the Ring Security app since last October so Iā€™m curious since when you have no audible and visible indication on the keypad while a countdown is active.

Many thanks! Iā€™ve had the problem since about 1-2 weeks I guess. In january I had no problems. I can see a Heimdall update in my timeline about 9 days ago and that could match the moment where I started to have problems.

Thank you very much for all the hard work creating and maintaining this app! Iā€™ve made a donation.