Ring Security - Extend Heimdall with Ring Security products

Hey,

unfortunately, I’ve got an 404: https://homey.app/a/com.ring.security/test/

Anyone else?

Yes, I send in an update for approval but it didn’t pass. Unfortunately that causes a previous version to be unavailable so the page just returns a 404 error. I’ll have to submit an altered version for approval and wait for it to be approved, until then there will be no way of downloading from the App Store.

Hi @DaneedeKruyff , over here the walkout delay works after 0.2.2 but activation delay doesnt. are you aware of this? language setting to dutch works as well after 0.2.2 but keeps jumping back to danish… just to let you know ;). Thanks for your amazing job! Ring keypad is a great addon to Heimdall!

Activation delay here also but Dutch remain Dutch here so that problem I don’t have I’m on 0.2.3

@MEYO084 I’m aware, by design for now. I didn’t announce this new version because it didn’t pass approval but it turned out to still be distributed to Homeys that had a previous version installed so it seems approval is only effective for visibility in the App Store :flushed:
I can’t reproduce what you’re sating about the language setting and if the actual language is really Dutch but the UI shows Danish it’s not something under my control, that’s done by the Homey app.

New version published:

Version: 0.2.3 Beta

• Minor changes, minor fixes and added translations
  • Added Arming Delay for Ring Keypad from the 2nd Generation

In this version I’ve added the Arming Delay to the Ring Keypad from the 2nd Generation. While the keypad is hardcoded to only support a 60 second delay I’ve implemented it so it starts the 60 delay repeatedly every 10 seconds until the actual Arming Delay as configured in Heimdall is 60 seconds. When using a shorter Arming Delay in Heimdall the Surveillance Mode will actually be set before the timer runs out on the Keypad, that’s something beyond the apps control.

I’ve implemented it like this so you get an instance message when enabling the Alarm Delay and thus assurance you’re entered a correct pincode on selecting the desired Surveillance Mode.

The Alarm Delay will be added in a later version, as will the Sirene functionality.

1 Like

How to turn off keypad siren? Deactivate Heimdall alarm does not do it.

When turning of the Alarm State in Heimdall the Sirene in your keypad should definitely be stopped.
How do you deactivate the Alarm State in Heimdall?

Using then card, deactivate alarm in Heimdall

That should definitely work. I can’t test it right now, I’ll try to do that this weekend.

1 Like

@Tangodelta I’ve tested numerous times and for me the sirene stops when I deactivate the Alarm State in any way, so either by using the Alarm Off button, setting the Surveillance Mode to Disarmed and using the Deactivate Alarm flow card.

What happens when you use the Surveillance Mode Switch to set the Surveillance Mode to Disarmed while the Alarm State is Active?

Well, I use it also independent from surveillance modus, Wien disarmed it also works as firealarm, my problem is to turn the siren off Wien already in disarmed mode.

I’ve just tested it again, with full logging to the terminal; when the Deactivate Alarm is executed in a flow the Ring Security app receives the new Alarm State and I see the command to turn of the sirene being send to the Ring Keypad. I’ve tried this in all available Surveillance Modes in Heimdall so I’m not able to reproduce this.

I’d like to receive a log from your Homey;
Can you please stop and start the Ring Security app. Wait for some 30 seconds and then execute the flow to activate the Alarm State. Next, wait another 5 seconds, execute the flow to deactivate the Alarm State. (Or wait for the Alarm State to deactivate when that’s done from the same flow)
Head over to the apps settings and click Create Diagnostics Report. Please leave a message in the Crash Report so I know who it’s from.

Since a couple of weeks there is some disturbance in Arming delay, which i set to 180 seconds. When i activate Full surveillance, countdown begins. But Ring / Heimdall goes to Armed at random times within that 180 seconds.

I can’t find flows which interrupts the countdown process. The only thing I can imagine is a Homey recovery (also some weeks ago) which introduces a malfunctioning / bug.

Now i try to find the error by removing the Ring V1 keypad, test the arming delay again and re-adding the Ring keypad again. How do i put the Ring Device in learning mode?

Hi Jeroen,

When adding it should show instructions how to add, doesn’t it?
Anyway, it should be added by starting the inclusion process and press and hold the 1 button on the Ring Keypad.

Btw, are you sure you are not triggering the Last Door Functionality in Heimdall which shortens the Arming Delay?

Removed the Ring keypad by Z-wave device removal and pressing button 1 on the keypad. Did some testing after that, and now i can say it doesn’t have to do anything with the Ring device.

I refined my research, and discovered (thank you Danee for pointing a direction) that the Last Door Functionality reacts on my Fibaro motion sensors. I can reproduce this behavior.

I’m moving this story to the Heimdall thread to prevent moderation.

Good you got the Ring Keypad commected again.
It shouldn’t be possible to start the Last Door Functionality with a motion sensor, could you please go to the apss settings and check the log to make sure that Last Door Functionality is actualy started?

1 Like

I am wondering about the same, and if you have any plans to add the motion censor that comes in the alarm pack with keypad 2nd gen?

Great work Kruyff!

Well, the Siren can be implemented, it’s still on my todo list. Unfortunately I don’t have a Motion Sensor V2 so implementing support is not so easy.

1 Like

Great App, implemented the Ring Keypad 2nd generation.
Connected to Homey and integrated with Heimdall :+1:

1 Like